Chapter Thirty Three

"Amelia? What are you doing here?" I exclaimed.

A million reasons flew through my head to explain her arrival, and none of them made any sense whatsoever. She smiled coyly at me, which was strange considering the interactions we'd had up until this point.

"Can we talk?" She replied

"It's 10.30 at night" I said, after I'd looked down at my watch "Besides, I'm not sure what there is we need to say to each other"

"I won't keep you long. I promise"

She seemed to be a different person, which worried me. I guess after everything I'd been through believing someone was capable of such a massive change was an impossible feat to achieve. Still I stepped back allowing Amelia to walk in to my room.

She strode across the floor, looking as exquisite as always. She wore a floor length Aqua halter neck dress that clung to her curves in the right places and flares out around her knees. Her hair was out and bounced as she walked. I frowned and looked down at my own mediocre attire.

At least one thing hadn't changed, I still felt like a pond scum in comparison to her beauty.

Reluctantly I followed behind her and we both sat down at the small table by the sliding door that led out on to the balcony.

"I'm here for a photo shoot, I only found out Nick had a staff retreat going on because a mutual friend told me at work today"

I nodded, still a little hesitant to take her word and believe it. Our interactions in the past had led me to believe that she didn't like me very much.

"Amelia, why are you here though? In my room?"

Amelia looked outside and shrugged, her eyes began to water. She looked back at me and then whispered.

"I'm pregnant"

My stomach dropped, and for a selfish moment I wondered if perhaps she and Nick had consummated their fake relationship and I let a burning jealousy rage through me. Why wouldn't he sleep with her, she was gorgeous after all. Amelia wiped her eyes with her fingers then took a deep breath.

"I came to you, because I don't know anyone in my world like you. I need your help" She pleaded, her eyes were wide, and she looked completely broken.

"I don't know what I can do to help" I murmured softly

"Talking about it is all I need."

"Alright, well, does the father know?" I replied, my earlier thoughts had disappeared, something about the way Amelia was acting told me that even if he was the father, I would have nothing to be jealous of. Amelia shook her head and bit her bottom lip.

"We met six months ago on a shoot. I thought he loved me, but after four months of middle of the night booty calls he disappeared. When I found out about the pregnancy I told my father. That's when he told me to blackmail Nick with his past. I know you know everything about Nick and I, the contract, everything."

"Wait, you let nick out of the contract because of your pregnancy?" I replied both shocked and impressed Amelia had done such a thing. A pregnancy, even to another man would have almost certainly cemented Nick into staying in a pretend relationship.

Amelia nodded, a stray tear rolled down her cheek and then she sighed.

"I've been a horrible selfish person my entire life, and now everything has changed. I've got a little life growing inside me. Being a cold person has separated me from having true friends, No one likes me for me. I'm surrounded by people who are nice to my face but horrible as soon as I leave the room. It's lonely"