Chapter Seven

At five I headed down the elevator to the basement and walked over to Nicks car. He was already inside. I opened the passengers door and hopped in.

“So, you’re moving in with my PA and the IT boys” Nick said softly

“Yeah, Josh has been really friendly” I noted pulling my seat belt on “He’s a nice guy”

“mmmhmmm. Well, he’s certainly a trier,” Nick replied “He’ll probably ask you out” he added sharply.

“If he does, I might say yes. He’s nice enough.”

“Sometime nice isn’t really what we need though is it” nick Murmured as he started the car.

I felt my face flush and remembered the  rendezvous in the office earlier, the way Nick had touched me, the pleasure and the pain. STOP IT!!

“I think nice is exactly what I need” I said, not completely sure I meant it.

When we were back at Nicks, he parked up and after an awkward and silent ride up the elevator we headed in to the penthouse suite.

“I can give you a lift to your new place” Nick offered, placing his keys down on the bench

I shook my head and a small nervous laugh exited my mouth.

“I think they’ll all have something to say if I show up in the bosses car, thank you though”

“I suppose you’re right. Will you be alright to get there?”

“I’ll catch a bus or something, I’ll be fine. Thank you for everything Nick, and sorry”

I walked away quickly, toward the spare room. Once I was inside I was greeted by the evidence of hour morning tryst before work. The blankets on the bed were pushed to one side. I remade the bed, then packed my suitcase. I left the room and walked back out to the lounge, Nick was sitting at the breakfast bar, He’d changed into a t-shirt and shorts. I placed my suitcase by the front door and turned to look at Nick.

“Well, I’m going to go now. Thanks again”

Nick didn’t say anything, he only nodded in my direction.

Surprisingly tears threatened to well up in my eyes, but I didn’t know why. I turned around and opened the door and left.

I managed to find a bus stop and with surprisingly little trouble a bus that would take me near where I needed to be.  When I reached my stop I hopped off and walked until I found the street number Joshua had given me.

I dragged my suitcase along the path to the house and up the stairs. I knocked on the red door and waited patiently. A few minutes later it opened and Janie greeted me

“Hey!” She exclaimed opening the door wider “The boys are out collecting stuff for dinner. Come in!”

“Hey” I replied with a smile.

“I’ll show you to your room”

I followed Janie down a long hallway. Funky art adorned the walls which gave the house a creative feel. Finally Janie stopped and opened a bedroom door.

I walked inside and smiled. The room was sparsely furnished, with just a queen bed and a set of drawers, but it felt homely.

“Put your case down and I’ll make us a drink, okay?” Janie questioned with a smile