Chapter Forty Two

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Oh man, only one more chapter to go :(

Foreverinspace also made me a cool as cover. :) Thanks!

************

We escaped the scene after the paramedic finished his first aid. A couple of police officers escorted us to Nick’s car because the media frenzy was all over us.

“Your life is never going to be the same you know. It’s probably going to be a never ending parade of clicks and whispers” Nick murmured as he pulled his seatbelt across his chest

“As long as we’re together, I just don’t care anymore Nick. Besides, you got me in to the music business and you say I’m good. I’d probably have the clicks and whispers eventually anyway” I said softly, my voice wavering a little due to the intensity of the night all the while still attempting to inject a little humour in to what had been a terrible night.

“Such Modesty” Nick laughed “no you’re right. It’s just happened sooner than it would have. I’m sorry that my past had the ability to hurt you Sarah”

“Nick… Please don’t start blaming yourself.”

“I promise I’m not, my past could have hurt you, but you showed more courage and tenacity than I ever gave you credit for. You literally saved my life, and I don’t know how I can repay you”

I smiled and a solitary tear slipped from my eye, I’d never really felt all that strong before. In fact if anything I’d always felt like I was just going through the motions. I’d never felt like this before, I’d never felt like I was capable of being anything other than a shell of a person. I’d lived a life time of avoiding how I felt about the loss of my mother, the abuse and the trauma my father subjected me too, that I’d slowly allowed myself to become nothing, someone with minimal feelings.

Ever since I’d touched Nick’s hand that very first day a chain of events had begun, my heart had started beating again. After a lifetime of lying to myself and not letting myself feel I started feeling to the point it was almost overbearing.

Now I felt strong, and while the love I felt with Nick was partly the reason, the real and honest truth was the fact I had finally allowed myself to feel again. The real me was surfacing, the me I should have been.

“You don’t need to repay me Nick. Just love me”

“Done, always and forever. Even if you get sick of me I’m going to follow you around like a lost puppy” he chuckled

“Stalkery” I said, shooting him a funny look. We both laughed, then as the laughter died out Nick’s hand gently brushed across mine as we waited at a set of red lights.

“Honest though, I am sorry that someone we both considered a friend was actually a loose cannon”

“He had us both fooled”

“He’s the father of Amelia’s baby”

“You know about Amelia’s baby?”

“She told me when I called when I was researching who the culprit was” Nick replied

“You and your damn research” I chuckled “Well I’m glad you know. She’s not quite the diva I first thought. She’s insecure and backs it up with an abrasive personality… or at least use to”