Single mom?

IM SO SORRY IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO UPDATE I DIDNT MEAN TO. I literally had no time. The past few weeks my band has been busting ass to clean an better our show for grand nationals.
The Cedar Ridge Raider Band is the 11th highest scoring band in the nation. We won 11th place at Bands Of America Grand Nationals, advancing through prelims and semis to finals. It was so crazy, I even kissed a boy from The Woodlands high school who won Grand Nationals at retreat. It was so amazing.
Sorry for gushing, I'll leave you with this update!
_____________________
My eyes were burning from staring at the ceiling while Sam snored next to me. A lump sat in my throat as tears fell from the corners of my eyes.
How could I be so stupid? How do I find out the truth?

I have dark curly hair and Kian has dark straight hair. Sam has dark curly hair and so does Ashlyn.

I have a natural blush to my cheeks, as well as Sam and Ashlyn. Kian doesn't.

She has dark blue eyes, half mine but half one of the boys.

She looks too much like me to tell. I'd have to get a paternity test. But what if I don't want to know? I'm perfectly happy with Kian and our daughter. I don't think I could rip his happiness from him like that. But if I know Ashlyn really is Sams baby, I don't know if I could keep that from him.

Sam has a right to know. And so does Kian.

______________

"How's Sam?" Kian asked as he placed Ashlyn in her high chair.

"Uh yeah he's okay. Just a bad night." I stuttered, tripping over my words. I ran a hand through my hair, frustration and confusion evident in my features as I studied the face of my daughter.

"What's wrong babe?" He put his hands on the sides of my face and kissed my forehead.

"Nothing." I sighed, trying to avoid eye contact with him. Looking at his dumb little grin killed me.

"Alex, you're forgetting I know you. Now tell me what's wrong." He said in a demanding tone which caused me to flinch.

"It's just something Sam said. It's not a big deal. Really." I shrugged his hands off me and walked over to the coffee machine completely shutting out the thought of what he said.

Ashlyn began crying as kian say down to eat. I picked her up and walked around with her for a little while, her cries silenced a little as she bounced gently against my chest.

She did the same little nostril flare Kian and I both did when she cried and it was a little reassuring.

"I have to stop." I mumbled to myself. This is ridiculous. Of course she's not Sams baby. I'd know if it was.

"Alex, Sam texted you!" Kian shouted from the other room. For some reason, my nerves caused my hairs to stand on edge and I couldn't catch my breath.

"Could you bring it to me?" I asked sweetly.

He appeared in the doorframe with a dumb grin on his face and my phone in hand.

"What's got you so giddy?" I laughed at him.

"I just love you so much." He gushed, pulling me into him.
His big arms wrapped around my small frame, my head laying on his chest as he rested his chin on my head. Everything seemed to fade away as I melted into his embrace.

"I hate that you're so much taller than me." I confessed.

"I don't. This way, you can feel my heart beat. Which only beats for you girls."
I felt his smile and my heart plummeted. I'm a horrible person. I can't believe I'm about to do this.

"Sam thinks Ashlyn might be his baby." I rushed out at once.

He immediately pulled away from me. Eyes wide and face flushed.

"Is that, uh is that even possible?" He questioned.

"There was only 2 weeks between when I slept with you two. It could be but I don't think so."

"Well thinking isn't knowing dammit! Is she my baby or Sams?" He shouted causing Ashlyn to begin crying. Fuck, her ears.

"I don't know kian!" I tried to bite back the tears that threatened to fall.

"I can't believe I stuck around for so long. This is bullshit. I'm gone. Sam can be her father. I want nothing to do with you." He shouted, his hands clenching and unclenching. As If on cue, Sam walked in the room a bit taken back.

"What's all the shouting about? Does no one notice ash crying?" He joked as he approached us.

"Fuck you man. I can't believe I called you my best friend!" Kian screamed. I saw him think for a second before turning around and throwing his fist clear across Sams face.

He tumbled back before shouting a few profanities and tackling kian.

"Stop! Stop oh my god!" I screamed, unsure of what to do.

I watched my two best friends beat each other bloody with tears streaming my face and my daughter crying hysterically.

"Out!" I shouted. They both looked up at me.

"Sam. Get out. Kian, get your shit and go. I'd rather be a single mom than have my daughter around either of you!"
Oh god what did I just do. I closed my eyes and waited for the angry slamming of the door, which happened shortly after Kian stomped up the stairs.

As he was up there I pulled out Ashlyn's birth certificate and looked at her blood type.
The only way id know who's she was.

And there, on that little piece of paper told me exactly who my daughters father was.