Chapter 16.

~2 weeks later~

"I'm gonna stay with Sam for now. When do I get to see Ashlyn?" Kian asked bringing his bag down the stairs.

I laid Ash in her swing and turned it on.

"Just give me a call when you want to pick her up. I'll let you know."

"I'm sorry we didn't work our Alex." He whispered leaning in for a hug.

"It wasn't meant to be." I said calmly, wrapping my arms around him tightly.

"I'll call you, Lex. Bye baby." Kian placed a small kiss on Ashlyn's damp hair and walked out the front door, leaving me alone in this house with my 4 and a half month old daughter.

I'm 18 and a single mom. How did I manage to fuck up my life this badly?

"Don't you worry. Mommys going to make everything alright. I love you." I whispered picking her up and balancing her on my chest as I sat on the couch.

My phone lit up to see a text from Connor.

"Me and Ricky are leaving for Cali in 3 days! We're picking up JC on the way, can we stop by and stay the night and see the three of you before going to the apartment?"

Thankfully it wasn't the group chat so I could respond without being bombarded with questions.

"Just the two of us, Kian left me. I'd love to have you guys over still though. Text me when you're in Cali. I'll get the guest room ready for you crazy boys."

I turned my phone off and focused back on my beautiful sleeping baby. Why did she have to look so much like him?

__

"Hey Alex!" Connor smiled walking in the front door, shortly followed by Ricky.

"Girl you is looking fab! Don't mind my ratchet-ness." He said wrapping me in a hug.

I laughed loudly and hugged back only to see Jc ride through the door on his penny board, Rasta.

"You're gonna teach her bad things!" I laughed shooing Jc off his board.

"Hey hey my girl!" He laughed side hugging me and going to see Ash.

"Hi baby!" He smiled picking her up out of her swing.

"Where's Keen da bean?" Ricky asked, and my face dropped.

Conner gave me a sympathetic smile.

"Con da Bon didn't tell you? He left us. Well, me really. He's gonna pick her up on Wednesday and weekends." I said getting 4 waters out of the fridge.

"Come here you poor thing."

Ricky said hugging me.

"I'm fine, really." I smiled.

"Jc you're a natural with her." I smiled at him playing with her on the floor.

"I do have 3 younger siblings." He laughed.

"True, true. Well hey, let me see if Kian will take her tonight and we can go do something?"

I offered and they nodded in agreement.

*phone conversation with kian*

"Hello?" A girls voice said from the other line.

"Uhm, is Kian there?" I asked.

"Hello?"

"I need you to watch Ash tonight."

"Can you drop her off or do I need to get her?"

"I'll drop her off. But not if you have a girl over." I snapped.

"She's just a friend, fixing to leave any way." He said annoyed.

"I'll see you later. Bye."

I hung up fast, giving the boys a fake smile.

"So what are we doing tonight?" I asked clapping my hands together.

"Longboarding on the beach, fro yo and then the carnival?" Ricky said smiling.

"Dude, yes!" I laughed and everyone else agreed.

I showed them the guest rooms and they all got ready, as did I.

I sprayed salt spray in my hair, creating soft waves and put on a subtle brown eye shadow with a black denim bustier crop top and light wash high waisted shorts with a camo jacket and the sleeves rolled up. I added a pair of combat boots to complete my outfit and ran down the stairs.

"Damn!" Jc laughed and I blushed.

"Leggo?" I asked.

"Leggo!" Ricky yelled.

I picked up Ashlyn in her at seat and we headed out and climbed into my range rover.

___

We had just gotten fro yo and were headed down to the beach.

Rebecca and Lindsay met us up at the beach and were long boarding around by the carnival with us now.

"Let's go on the zipper!" Jc yelled.

A chorus of yeahs came from the group but I couldn't let myself go.

"I'm sorry guys, after all the morning sickness that came with being pregnant I can't stand the feeling of being nauseous. Y'all go, I'll stay here." I said awkwardly.

"I'll stay with you, we'll go on the Ferris wheel or something." Connor spoke up.

I smiled agreeingly and the guys got in line while we walked off.

"You didn't have to stay with me, Con." I said looking up at him. The lights from the Ferris wheel illuminated his features perfectly.

"I wouldn't let you stay by yourself, silly." He smiled and guided me into the cart.

The Ferris wheel took off causing me to jump. I was terrified of heights, but would never admit to it.

"Here." Connor said quickly shifting to my side of the cart and put his arm around me protectively.

Connor may not be big but he looked like a giant next to me.

"Your eyes are glowing in this light." He smiled, pushing a strand hair out of my face.

I blushed and looked down at my hands.

"Hey," he smiled and used his index finger tilting my chin up so I was looking into his eyes.

I didnt notice him leaning in until our noses touched slightly. Before I could react his lips slightly brushed against mine.

I kissed back without thinking.

And then it hit me.

I wasn't just kissing anyone.

I was kissing Connor.

______________________

A/N-

TALK ABOUT A PLOT TWIST OMG. DON'T HATE ME.