Chapter twenty

I panicked. Rushing through the doors of the hospital. I rammed into the nurses station. Tears spilling like rain down my cheeks.

"Hi, I um.....my um mom and Step dad they were in an accident" I cried

"Cleo" I turned at the sound of my mothers voice, she walked slowly towards me but I couldn't take it I broke into a sprint and charged towards her wrapping my arms around her and crying on her shoulder, hesitantly she wrapped her arms around me hugging me close, I pulled away to see cuts and bruises on her face, and stitches across her forehead.

"Mom" I cried, she gave me a weak smile

"Hello pet" she cooed

"Where's Arthur?" I questioned she took my hand in her shaking one, I took in a unsteady breath as she lead me down the sterilised halls. We walked past a room with a man lying in a bed, beeping from the monitor could be heard through the slightly open door. A dark haired woman sat by the bed in a grey cardigan, she was sobbing shamelessly staring at the man in the bed. My heart tightened as I watched her, soon enough she was out of sight and I was brought to a holt.

Cautiously I turned to look; Arthur lay limp in the bed before me. Tubes were attached to his mouth, hands and nose; a beeping heart monitor seemed to ring so loud through my aching head. I took a shaking breath stepping closer, like my mom he had cuts all over his face but a massive bandage stretched across his head blood dots seeping through. I couldn't take it, his left hand was in a big thick cast. I turned to my mom watching as she cried silent tears.

"W-w-hat h-hap-pen-ed?" I stuttered through my tears, slowly she tore her eyes from Arthur and they landed on me with pity. Her bottom lip quivered as she started to speak.

"After he rang you, we got into the car and everything was okay. We were stopped at a red light at a T junction and when the light turned green we went but a man decided that he wanted to kill himself and he crashed his car into ours, Arthur noticed and spun the car so it was him who the car hit mostly, his legs, his legs Cleo, they are afraid if he wakes he will never walk again." she brought her shaking hands to her lip stopping her from speaking, I let my mouth gap open.

"Mom" I cried unsure of what to say. What could is say? I felt numb, completely numb and fully confused. I just, I never expected this when I woke up dismorning. I walked towards Arthur and tears ran like waterfalls down my cheeks, I was shaking as I approached the side of the bed. Arthur lay lifeless another tear fell silently and fast down my cheek. I placed my hand in his and rubbed it gently, he looked so peaceful. nothing could bother him now, there was no stress of work, no having to deal with the worry of my mom or me, he was completely free from life and I felt selfish as I pleaded for him to wake up. I needed him, he could not die. I needed him. I stayed like that a while just watching him, when suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to see Ally and Charlie both standing behind me, pity and love written all over their faces. I tried to smile but it broke before it even reached my lips I could never pretend in front of my best friends, it wasn't right. Ally ran to me and wrapped me in a hug, I crumbled in her arms but I had stopped crying. I felt a small bit better knowing I had them here beside me, but something was missing.

"Do you want anything?" Ally whispered as we separated from the hug, I threw my arms up in the air and puffed out my cheeks as more tears fell from my eyes. I shook my head as she pouted I couldn't help but smile at her. "What about you Ileana? Do you want anything?" Ally turned to my mom, who was staring out the doorway as if waiting for someone.

"Sorry? What?" my mom asked flustered at the six pairs of eyes that landed on her fragile physique.

"Do you want a drink or anything? From the cafeteria I'll go get you something if you'd like?" Ally stated, my mom nodded and ran to her purse that was placed on the chair next to me. Her hands were shaking as she dived into the bag and pulled out her purple purse, her hands still shaking as she attempted to get the money out. I couldn't watch as her body trembled and tears ran franticly down her cheeks.