Chapter seventeen

Calum's POV

I took a deep breath as Cleo came back in with a glass of water in her hand she handed it to me with a smile then took a seat on the couch beside me. We stayed in silence just enjoying each others company for we both new soon it would be over. Think Calum think there has to be something you can do. I tapped my fingers on the glass trying desperately to come up with a solution but my mind stayed blank.

I took in a deep breath and realised it quietly. This is not how I planned my teen years to be like, at most I planned for them to be stressful, have fights with my family, girl issues, peer pressure.

Sure I have all of that but who could have ever thought I would be black mailed to be with someone, can't be with the girl I love and for all I know she is the one I meant to be with if I'm honest I believe she might be and if all of that wasn't enough I have to live with the fact that someone may die. Because of me.

I swallowed a lump in my throat, and whipped the sweet from my brow god why was it so hard? I felt pressure build up inside me and my body tensed. Why me? why couldn't it be easier? why can't I have the normal teenage problems and after everything you think I would be able to be with the one person who makes my guilt ease and the lies fade. With Cleo I don't feel like such a bad guy although the guilt eats me alive with Cleo I feel like nothing I do could ever change her option she would love me no matter what. That's why it's so hard to let her go but I have to let her go its for the best.

I stood up from the couch suddenly. Cleo looked at me concerned for a moment then slowly she stood. I faced her taking in her features, her hair was in a messy pony tail, she had no make up on and her eyes were slightly red from the amount of crying and lack of sleep. She wore a pair if pyjama shorts and a nirvana t-shirt. I smiled to myself god she was beautiful, I stopped thinking how did I get so lucky to be able to get a girl like Cleo? She was perfect in so many ways and the best thing was she didn't see it, she would never see how amazing she is, actually thats saddest part she would never understand how important she is to me, how perfect she is and I can't show her. I won't be the boy who shows her how amazing she is. Dread filled me.

"I best be going" I said turning my face from her. She nodded slightly and then we began to walk to the door. I forced it open with a jolt, I turned back to Cleo and place one last kiss on her lips then I headed out into the streets leaving her behind. I sighed as I walked digging my hands into my pockets. the cold air made its way down my neck making me shiver. My phone began to ring and I quickly answered

"Hello?" I groaned a chill escaping my lips.

"Hey hun" Janis' voice spoke through the phone sending shivers down my spine

"What do you want?"

"Oh touchy I'm bored and want you to come over we can cuddle and what not" she giggled I rolled my eyes

"I'd rather not"

"I wasn't asking Calum come on can't you just give us a shot?"

"I don't want to Janis"

"Calum stop your talking crap we belong together now come over I want to see you" and with that she hung up the phone. I groaned loudly and crossed the road. I rubbed my fingers against my forehead feeling my temperature rise. The last thing I wanted to do was spend the day with Janis especially after the day with Cleo. I took a deep breath holding it for a moment before letting it free. I dug my hands deep into my pocket as Janis apparent block came into sight. I walked up to the glass doors and stood in front of the grey keypad on the wall next to the door. I was hesitant I just kept staring at the number 17 Janis' apartment. I took a deep breath then pressed the button a high pitched buzzing rang out followed my Janis' voice.