^*Steve Rogers ~ Compared*^

Steve Rogers A.K.A Captain America

Prompt:
Steve is mad in a fight you to have and he compares your to Peggy Carter and Sharon.
--------------------
"Steve, I didn't say I agreed to the mission. I'm just asking what you think I should do." I state simply. Fury has wanted me to go on this mission of infiltrating a secret base somewhere in Costa Rica. He said it might be life threatening but it's not like I haven't handled that before, with my job and all. Working as a Shield Agent is basically signing up to almost die day after day.

"No go! You can die!", Steve shouts.

I jump, "Listen, it's not like I haven't handled something like this before."

"Why do you insist putting yourself in danger like this?"

"Steve, I'm not insisting anything of the sort. I'm just doing what I believe is the right thing to do!"

"Yeah, maybe doing the right thing is something you shouldn't do."

"What the hell does that mean? I can do what I want if it's what I believe in."

"Peggy would never put herself in a dangerous, reckless, and tragic mission like you!"

"Excuse me?"

"This is why I told you to take a good next to Sharon, at least she knows what your doing."

"Well, uh, if that's how you feel then, fine. Go be with Sharon! I don't care!" I yell at Steve grabbing my stuff from the couch.

"I didn't-", Steve starts.

"Oh, shut up! You know you did!" I continue with tears streaming down my face. "Sharon seems like a really nice girl, have fun with her. I mean, Peggy would be amazed at how Steve Rogers, her old love, is with Sharon."

Steve doesn't say anything, but he looks like he is about to break down and cry. As much as I wanted to walk up and hug him, maybe even forgive him, I didn't. I slammed the door shut and went home.

Four Days Later.....

Steve hasn't talked to me and I haven't talked to him. He will watch me walk down the halls but I ignore him. The Team is scared that we got into a fight because we never fight. Tony has even kept his distance from Steve in case he snaps.

I took the mission. I was so balled up and angry that I decided to push whatever the mission Steve claims I can't do, in his face. I can do it. I will do it. And at that end of the day, I will come home and eat ice cream on the couch till the next mission rings my door bell.

I got suited up and onto the plane only to see Captain America in the plane on the same mission as me. I roll my eyes and sit as far away from him as possible.

"Easy in, Easy out. Get in, steal the alien tech., get out. Bomb the base.", I inform, "We have a limited time. Exactly 13 minutes and 45 seconds. If your not on this plane by that time, you'll have to find another way home. If anyone wants to call it quits, head out of this Jet right now."

To my surprise, two agents left. Three people remained, Cap., the pilot, and I. The pilot was in a secluded area where he couldn't get distracted by the noise of the engine in back.

"Good luck." I quickly smile.

"(Y/n)-" Steve pleads.

"Rogers, not here. When we get home, okay?"

He smiles and nods.

Soon enough we were down to 1 minute and 15 seconds. Steve was ahead of me running to the Jet which isn't that far, and me trailing behind, huffing and puffing. Note to Self: More Cardio.

"Left off in 1 minute." The pilot says through Com.

Steve and I hop on just as the Jet is taking off. I watch as the base explodes in fire. That was an easy mission, what the hell was Fury talking about when he said life threatening?

"HANG ON!" The pilot orders. Just as we sit down, bullets and bombs shake the jet. I guess this wasn't an easy mission after all.