^*10 months~Steve*^

Steve Rogers AKA Captain America

Prompt:
Steve had to leave for a mission and leave you at home. Later you had to leave for a mission and didn't come back....

<><><><><><><><><><><

You looked at your self in the mirror at 12:03 am in the morning. Your burning red eyes from crying because you were alone. The bed was still perfectly made since a week ago, you didn't want to sleep in it alone. Let's just say you had nightmares, sometimes they came true. I guess that was your superpower.
In that case, you avoided sleep as much as possible. The apartment was spotless from cleaning, the laundry was folded perfectly, there was food in the fridge, everything that kept you from thinking anything about....all chores are done.
It's been 8 months since you last saw Steve and you are afraid it would be your last, according to several dreams you had.

A phone started to ring almost startling you. You answered it.

"Hello?" You asked

"Agent (y/n)? We need you for a mission, immediately" Fury's voice demands over the phone.

"Which one?"

"The one Steve Rogers needs help with. We are unable to connect with him. We need you to go in and save him and his crew. You will have Natasha Romanoff as back up. Just get her immediately"

The other line ends and you are already half way to shield.

-------------------------------

"We have to infiltrate the Hydra base and get all the prisoners. Even our enemies. I will focus on the enemy part your focus on the Steve Rogers part." Romanoff orders. You parachute down to the forest and you chute turns to ash, thanks to the new technology provided by Tony.

Getting in the base was easy but getting to he prisoners side was hard.

Two heavy guarded guards guarded the door. Four in total. Two for you and two for Romanoff. You both started with a flash-bang and killed two. One of them had a flame thrower, you took that one. As Romanoff took care of the one without the flame thrower, you fought out all your anger. You only got burn twice, new record! As soon as the Flame thrower hit the floor, you burst inside. An avenger in a different room. Thor without his Meowlnir, Hawkeye without his bow, Bruce not awake, Tony without his suit, and Cap with out his Shield.

"You've finally made it" One of the hydra scientist said. Those words just made you want to cry and scream and beat whoever to death.

You started to step toward him but he held up a remote.

"Don't move another step, if I press this button these people will die"

You were stuck.

"Unless you want to trade of course"

You could here Shield agents saying No in the com, that was placed in your ear before you jumped out of the plane. You ripped out the com.

"Trade what?"

"There life for yours? I mean, your death will only hurt Mr. Rogers. You would be saving many people. Agents that came with to fight, them. Win, win I say"

This was all in your dream, he either presses the button or he presses the button. The only thing that is different, is that the cord isn't connected, meaning the button won't work.

"No"

He presses the button and nothing happens, he facial expression changes to run for your life. Romanoff chases after him. You pry the doors open to the room the Avengers were stocked in and help them out. Thor calls for his hammer, Clint find his Bow, Bruce slowly awakens and Tony is back in his suit. You help Steve from the room he was stuck in. Romanoff comes back.

"I killed him, let's leave"

"What about the other agents?" I ask

"Shield will come back for them. The Avengers are our number one priority"

You take Steve's shield and Tony helps Steve.

"I will go back and get them. You get out of here. I am right behind ya'!" I yell already down the hall.

You just had to follow the screams and cries of 24 other agents. Once you got there, there was only 16 left. I grab the keys from the shelf and unlock the chambers.

"Who the hell are you?" One asks

"Agent R. Now turn left down the hall and don't stop till you see a quinjet or a helicarrier."

"Why should we listen to you?"

"I release you didn't I? Where are the other people?"

"Two were just taken up stairs"

You nod and run up the staircase.

"Sir, the Avengers escaped. Along with some of the prisoners" A man says

"WHAT!?!?"

"Sir, what should we do?"

I throw a flash bang at them. The man who was talking I knocked out first, I heard a gun click and I hid behind a wall.

"You can't hide forever!"
As soon as the gun peaked over the corner I grabbed it and shot him in the leg. Four agents were dead, the others were still alive. You released them. Suddenly, a white-hot burning sensation came from your shoulder. The man with the gun shot wound stabbed you. You point the gun around and shoot him in the stomach. You could hear the Hydra com repeating that everyone has escaped. The last thing that ran through your mind, blow it up. You could blow this base up, but then why did the Avengers come here?

You were losing blood fast, so you ran. You ran as fast as you could out of the base and into the forest. You tripped on something and landed in the snow. To be honest, it felt good. You couldn't feel the blood rushing out of your body. It felt num.

You got up and followed the footprints to the helicarrier, it was up in the sky. It threw a latter down and you climbed up.

This has been great. You got most of the agents out and saved the damn Avengers. Steves face peered over the bottom of the carrier. He reached his hand out for you to grab but as soon as you made contact. You felt the same hot-white sensation in the pit of your stomach.

"HURRY! GET TO SHILED!"

--------------------

Beep. Beep. Beep.

A monitor. Your alive? You looked over to see Steve asleep.

"On your left" you joked. He eyes snapped open and a smile grew upon his face.

"Hey"

"Hello"

"How are you?"

"Other than a hole in my stomach, I'm good. How long was I out?"

"Three weeks"

You say up a bit, "What?! How is everyone's? Are you okay? I shouldn't even be here right now, your the one who should be in a hospital."

"Hydra didn't hurt us that bad"

You could feel Steve's hand in yours, "I missed you"

"I missed you more"

He kissed your forehead. Everything felt tight, so you tried to move..but your legs wouldn't.

"Hey, hun, listen, the...the bullet...it-it damaged your spinal cord. They say you may never be able to walk"

You could feel your heart pumping and your eyes starting to water, "can't they fix anything?"

"Tony, he is working on something now"

"When can we go home?" You ask

"Tomorrow"

You move over on your bed and tap the side for Steve to lay on. You cuddle up right next to him and feel safe, and at home.

"As long as I am with you, Steve, I am at home"

You both feel asleep, for a long time.