^*Dad!Steve x teen!f!reader ~ Adoption*^

Steve Rogers AKA Captain America

Prompt:
There is a teen on the streets because she ran away from her abusive parents, she is known to have silver wings. As she's running, she bumps into her soon to be new father.

Requested By: Alianova_Mason
---------------------------

It's been a couple weeks since I last saw my parents after I ran away. I couldn't take it anymore, the constant pounding or concussions caused by their fists. They would take the day they had at work, good or bad, and make me pay for it. The last nice was the worst, so I left. The threatened me with bat, 'only used it once' my ass. But the bat wasn't used because of their day, it was used because they found out I had Silver Wings.

I used to cover my wings and myself in a jacket, they never found out because I was locked away in a small dark room, like a man named Harry Potter. I don't know where he is from but I've heard on the streets he was treated poorly. My jacketed was ripped off my body and the wings were shown. They weren't totally mad that I hid it from them but that I didn't give them to them.

My parents said it would make them rich, that I don't think of them, that I think about myself and no one else. They said they'd be back with a sharp knife the next day to cut them off but I ran and I'm glad I did.

It's been hard trying to find food and trying to hide what I am. I don't want to get much attention because if I do my parents will find me. I found a place of shelter in upstate, New York, near A-towers. I know it's disgusting but they leave a lot of food behind and I get to eat. I never really ate that much before so it keeps me healthy. Healthy enough that I can kinda use my wings to fly. I only hover though.

It's early morning, now, about eight am and thanks to summer the sun lights the city up in a happy way. I take the last, half eaten slice of pizza out and start to walk to the street cross when suddenly, "OOF!"

I get knocked a bit a ways away. I thought it was a car but then a man stood over me.

"I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going.", the man apologizes.

"I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were running or even that close to me." He offers a hand and I take it only to find my other hand having a gash on it. I hiss, it's not as big as the ones my parents gave me but it still hurts.

"Oh my gosh, I'm really sorry. Are your parent's around?", He questions. I shake my head violently, I even look around to make sure they are nowhere near me. "Here, come with me. I can get that fixed up."

I pull away, "Why?"

"Doesn't it hurt?"

"Yes, but how can I trust you?"

"Do you know who the Avengers are?"

I shake my head, "No."

"You're not from around here, are you?"

The man takes a step closer and I take one back, "I am, I just wasn't allowed to listen to the radio or the picture thing."

The man looks to be pondering his decision on what to do. But if he is going to hurt me, he might as well do it, now. But he isn't. He's being nice..? I thought adults weren't like this.

"Do you have food there?" I ask.

"I'll make a deal with you. I'll give you food as long as you come with me to get your hand fixed."

"Where do you live, Mr...?"

"Rogers. Steve Rogers. In that building there." He points to the A-tower and I can feel a little smile coming on. It's weird, smiling. I nod and he hold my hand as we step into the building. I get some looks from people, but I stay close to the man, incase these people reach out to grab me too. There are lights everywhere...how?