The Calder Twins: Chapter 16

Chapter 16: Say What? (part 2)

*Cher's POV*

At the party everyone is having a blast. I sit with Emery at a high top table, while people stumble or dance around. It's weird because most of the people are shitfaced drunk but keep dancing and drinking. Most of the people here are dressed as superheroes or strippers, the comparison? All are in skimpy little outfits.

Emery is sipping on a fruity margarita and says something about wanting to start a clothing brand. She looks super cute in her Supergirl costume. I feel kind of weird sitting across from her in a Batgirl costume, but whatever. We're both awesome.

"Well, you know, I am a major in designing." I say.

"I know, and believe me, you would be the first person I'd go to. I just don't know what I'd do yet." Emery says.

"Well, your a pretty preppy girl. A preppy clothing brand by you would be a really good seller. From what I read on twitter, a lot of fans love your and El's style. You both have practically the same style. Your just a bit more rocker than Eleanor." I point out.

"True, very true. But I need to focus on my biology exam that's in a few weeks." Em says.

"Oh, yeah! I forgot you were a biology major." I laugh.

Emery smiles and mixes her drink. She takes another tentative sip, as if she's afraid that its poisoned or something.

"Everything alright?" I ask.

"Fine, why?"

"You and El seem to be.... very reserved around each other." I say softly.

"Well, it's really nothing you should-" Emery is cut off by a drunk Harry stumbling up.

"Hey baby." he slurs. Harry decided to be a pole dancer for Halloween. Go figure.

"Hey, Harry." Emery laughs.

"Where ya been? I've been looking for ya." Even from my seat across the small table I can smell the alcohol on his breath.

"I've been here with Cher, just talking." Emery says.

"Harry, honey, did you drink too much alcohol?" I ask.

Harry looks at me with bloodshot eyes and lets out a raspy laugh.

"Hardly! I barely started!" Harry slurs.

"You've already finished half of the alcohol supply this place had!" I laugh. Emery and Harry both join me.

"I'm gonna go hang with Zayn and Liam some more. See you later babe." Harry says kissing Em's forehead and disappearing into the crowd.

"Wow, someone's drunk." I say raising my eyebrows at Emery.

"Shitfaced drunk." she agrees.

We laugh and Emery talks about this job offering some huge science institution offered her. She says she's supposed to be going to the Amazon to study some species there, if she accepts the job. I don't major in biology or anything like that but I do know that the Amazon is a dangerous place.

"So this huge science institution offered you a job to go study in the Amazon, a very dangerous place, when they probably have other more experienced scientists?" I question.

Emery gives me an offended look and I can tell she doesn't get what I'm saying.

"Em, I'm not saying your a bad scientist or anything, your a very good scientist and a very intelligent girl. I'm saying this 'institution' is probably using you instead of their scientists because the Amazon is very dangerous." I explain.

"So they are sending me to keep their scientists safe?" Emery asks.

"Pretty much."

"Good thing I didn't accept yet!" Emery laughs.

She didn't? From the sound of it she already did. I guess I misheard her. Or the alcohol may be making its way into my system finally. Oops. I take another swig of my beer and laugh with Emery.

"Yeah, I don't want to lose my best friend!" I say.

*Niall's POV*

I watch as Emery and Cher laugh at something. Something random I'm guessing. I smile and take a sip of my rum coke.

"You should talk to her." Louis appears at my side, leaning on my shoulder.

"I don't know." I say, I want to talk to Cher but I can't right now.

"You should." Louis slurs. His breath smells like some cherry flavoured mint drink the bartender is serving.

"Right now?" I ask.

"Now!" Louis laughs and pushes me toward the two girls' table.

I stumble forward and look back at Louis. He gives me a thumbs up and I walk over to Cher and Emery. Just as I reach the table some random guy runs up and starts talking to Cher.

"Want to go see a movie this weekend?" he asks her.

What? My heart feels shattered and I am about to turn away when I see Emery's eyes on me.

"Um," Cher begins but Emery elbows her and nods in my direction

Cher looks back at me and smiles.

"Sorry, Zach, Niall and I were doing something this weekend." she says to the guy, apparently Zach.

Zach looks heartbroken and casts a glare at me before stomping away.

"I'll leave you two to talk." Emery says, sliding out of her seat.

"You don't have to." I say.

"No, it's fine. I have to find Harry anyway." Emery says.

"Good luck!" Cher calls after her friend.

Then she looks at me. My heart speeds up and I can feel the heat going to my face.

"S-so, we have a d-date this weekend h-huh?" I stammer.

"I wasn't going to say yes to Zach anyway. But yeah, if you want." Cher says with one if her signature smiles

"Really? How about dinner and a movie Saturday night?" I suggest, instantly brightening up.

"Sounds good. I have to go find Emery and Eleanor, they're my ride. Text you later." Cher says.

She plants a kiss in my cheek and disappears into the crowd. I have a date with Cher this weekend. I have a date with Cher this weekend! Thank you Louis Tomlinson!

"Good job mate!" Louis slurs next to me.

"Thanks for the push." I say.

"Anytime mate, anytime." Louis says hugging me and falling to the ground.

"Great now I have to carry him to the car." I grumble to myself.

---------------------------------------------

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I don't think I'll be eating for a few days, I'm so full. Can we get maybe 600 reads by next update? Please?

Comment, vote, fan, follow!

Thank you loves!!

xx