The Calder Twins: Chapter 15

Chapter 15: Say what? (Part 1)

*Niall's POV*

We sit at dinner and barely eat because we are laughing so hard. Louis won't stop cracking jokes and Emery has fallen out of her chair twice already.

"Honestly, what's so funny?" Louis asks for the fifth time.

"Your being ridiculous." Eleanor says laughing.

I finish off my plate and follow Cher into the kitchen. She places her plate in the sink and takes mine for me.

"You don't have to do the dishes." I tell her.

"Sorry, it's a force of habit." Cher replies with a small blush.

I smile and let out a small laugh. God this girl is gorgeous, too bad she would never want me. Would she? No, she wouldn't. She seems like the kind of girl that would go for Zayn. Cher smiles at me, her beautiful smile.

"Why are you so gorgeous?" I blurt out then cover my mouth. Why the hell did I just say that? Damn it, Niall, look what you've done! I mentally slap myself when Cher's expression changes from humour to shock and confusion.

"You think I'm pretty?" she asks.

"Not just pretty, gorgeous."

Why do I answer her? I should just leave right now to save myself from farther embarrassment.

"Thank you Niall. But I assure you I am not gorgeous. I am just an average girl and you are the amazingly talented Niall Horan." Cher states leaning against the counter. "Why would you think of me as gorgeous?"

I blush slightly at her words. I don't know what to say. I am at a complete lose for words. She just complimented me, I have to say something. But what?

"Thanks but I'm nothing more than a regular guy." I say. That's the best I have.

Cher just laughs, it's an amused laugh. Maybe she thinks I'm being shy? I don't know.

"Your not regular." Cher says.

"Neither are you."

"Fair enough." Cher chuckles and takes a sip of her water. Wait, when did she get a glass of water?

"Want to hang out some time?" I ask. Why did I just ask that? She's obviously going to say no.

"Sure," Cher replies with a cheerful smile. Oh, well, never mind then. "When do you want to go?"

"Whenever is good for you." I say. This is so much easier than I thought.

"I have a huge exam next week but maybe after that?" she suggests.

"Yeah, that sounds great. Let me know when you can go." I say. Cher smiles, hugs me, and leave the kitchen.

Smooth Niall. You got the girl, well almost. Almost there, very close.

<<July to October time jump>>---

*Eleanor's POV*

"The party is on Halloween right?" I ask Emery. We are at a Halloween store looking for our outfits.

"Somewhere around then." Emery says holding up a mummy costume.

"Not that." I say shaking my head.

Emery nods in agreement. I pick out a skeleton costume, a goddess costume, and a zombie costume. Emery follows me to the dressing rooms with a mad hatter costume, a goddess costume, and a Wonder Woman costume.

"Show me each one." I say.

"You too." Emery replies before going into her dressing room.

When I come out in my zombie costume, Emery is in her mad hatter costume.

"Not the zombie." Em says.

"Definitely not the mad hatter." I shoot back and we both laugh.

Coincidentally Em and I change into our goddess costumes.

"Oh, El, that looks really good on you!" Emery exclaims when she sees me.

"That looks good on you too but I want to see the Wonder Woman costume first." I reply. Emery nods in agreement.

"Show me the skeleton and I will make a final decision." She says in a sophisticated tone. If there's one thing I know about me sister is she is not sophisticated.

---

Emery ends up going with a Super girl costume and I go with the skeleton.

When we leave the store we are laughing, but it's a hesitant laugh. Kind of nervous in a way. We haven't been the same since Louis kissed her. I don't think we ever will be.

---------------------------------------------

Part 2 coming soon!!!