The Calder Twins: Chapter 12

Chapter 12: Teasing Memories

*Emery's POV*

I wake up to something on my stomach. Something isn't right, I don't feel to familiar warm and strong arms around me. Not even the warm, hard muscle next to me.

I lift my head to find Harry's head on my stomach. I sit up a bit more, trying so hard not to wake him. "Don't move." Harry's raspy voice startles me and I jump. "That's not holding still." Harry mutters, teasingly. I sigh and lay back down. Harry's hand is on my ribs and I put my own over it.

"Sleep well?" he asks. Did I sleep well? Hm, I don't actually know.

"Yeah, and yourself?" I reply. I can feel Harry smile against my stomach. "Very well. You look so beautiful when you sleep." Harry says. I smile and murmur a thank you. "So young and innocent. Unlike when your awake." Harry continues.

I playfully swat his shoulder and he laughs. "It's true and you know it." he says. I shrug and Harry decides he's gonna give me a raspberry. "No! Stop! I can't stand those!" I shout, laughing. Harry doesn't stop. I twist and turn, trying to squirm away.

How does that work? Not good at all. You see, Harry is much stronger than I am and he hold me down. "Louis! Niall! Zayn! Liam!" I yell. "Help me! Harry's bugging me!"

No one comes. "Haha, no one is going to save you." Harry laughs giving me another raspberry and tickling my side.

"Oh my god! Not this, no!" I shout, laughing so hard I begin to cry. "Ah! Stop that tickles!"

"That's kind of the point, Em." Harry replies.

Suddenly the door bursts open and something shoves Harry off of me. I sit up to see Louis sitting on Harry on the carpet floor. Harry struggles underneath Lou and I try so hard not to laugh. I turn to see Eleanor in the doorway too, Cher just behind her. "Hi there!" I say cheerfully, even though I'm panting.

"Hey!" El replies. "Hola!" Cher yells. We took Spanish together last year and she loved it.

"Eleanor, tell Louis to get off me!" Harry mutter from the floor. El and I exchange a glance with Cher and Lou. Should he move? Nah, Harry did almost tickle me to death. Literally, I couldn't breathe!

"Nah, I'd say he's good." I say. Harry mock glares at me and growls "Oh you better run." I do run. When he says that he means it, so do I and El and Cher and Lou. It's kind of our signal or something. I race down the hall of the flat and down the stairs. Niall's room is down here so I turn a corner and smack into the door. I can here rustling upstairs, hopefully Louis and the others are trying to buy me some time.

"Niall, open the door please!" I call, banging on the door. "Niall! Niall! Niall!" I shout.

Finally the door opens and I find Niall in a towel with shampoo in his blonde hair. "Oh, um, this is, um, awkward." I say.

Niall rolls his blue eyes and mutters "What do you need so badly?"

"Well, Harry is chasing me and I need a place to hide. So can I hide in your room? Please?" I explain as quickly as possible, I can hear the pounding of footsteps up stairs. Niall can hear them too.

"Fine. Hide in the closet or under the bed." He finally says. I thank him and slide under the bed. I hear Niall close and lock the door again and go back into the bathroom. There are some boxes and stuff under here. Other than that it's pretty neat.

Something pounds the door and I freeze. "Emery I know your in here!" Harry's voice booms. "Niall I know your hiding her!"

The shower turns off again and Niall yells "I'm in the shower mate, give me a minute!" Harry doesn't stop banging on the door.

"Good god I'm coming!" Niall shouts and unlocks and opens the door. I watch Harry's feet push past Niall and go around the room. He opens the chest. Wait, how long has that been there? "Emery isn't in here." Niall insists. "Where else would she be?" Harry replies and opens the closet. I'm so glad I didn't hide in there. "She better not be in the bathroom." Harry growls.

I have to force myself not to burst out laughing. "Harry, even if Emery was here, she wouldn't be in the bathroom when I'm taking a shower." Niall says as if Harry is a child. I can hear Harry grunt as he goes around the room some more. "Did you check with Zayn or Liam?" Niall asks.

"Zayn is out with Perrie so his door is locked and she wasn't in Liam's room." Harry replies. Wow I don't actually know that. I did know Zayn has been spending a lot of time with Perrie so, he's like never here. I guess I should've guessed that.... oh well.

Harry walks around to the side of the bed I am under, and accidentally sends a little soccer ball rolling underneath here. "Oh, sorry mate." Harry apologises. "Let me get that for you." he adds squaring down.

"Don't, its fine under there." Niall says quickly. Harry freezes and I inhale sharply.

"Are you sure? I can reach it." Harry asks, I can picture his confused face gazing at Niall's worried one. Something catches in my throat, dust most likely. I slightly pray nothing happens.

"Yeah, um it's fine. Oh did you check the kitchen? If I know Emery, she's bound to be-" Niall starts speaking really fast and with a massive heave I cut him off with a cough.

Shit! Mission failed, I repeat, mission failed!

Harry flattens himself to the floor. "Gotcha!" he shouts triumphantly. I let out a series of squeals (weird right? for me it is!) and try to scoot away from him.

Harry crawls under the bed after me and Niall grabs my feet pulling me out. "Go, run!" he yells, laughing and pushing me towards the door. I do as he says and bolt out the door, back up stairs, and into Louis' room. Lou, El, and Cher are sitting on the floor. They look up me, slightly shocked. "Harry's coming!" I exclaim. I swear they are up in half a second racing about the room trying to find a place to hide. Cher and I squeeze into the closet. Ok, so Louis' closet is huge but, there are a lot of clothes. I hide behind a big cream coloured sweater, huh, it looks familiar.

Cher sits against the wall next to me as we listen to Harry going around the room. "Louis William Tomlinson, I know your in here!" Wow, Harry is really into this game. I don't even know the point of it really. I just like hiding.

As I examine the sweater farther I realise its my size and its a women's sweater. "LOUIS, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING WITH MY SWEATER!" I yell at the top of my lungs. Cher looks up at me with this horrified go-to-hell look. Great...

The closet doors snap open and Harry grabs my waist. "No! Cher help me!" I yell laughing again. Cher shakes her head, and laughs as Harry drags me out. "Ok, ok, ok! You win!" I say and he sets me down on Louis' bed. "Good." Harry teases.

Cher follows comes out of the closet, Eleanor slides out of a cabinet by the telly, and Louis skips out of the bathroom. Oh that boy, we might be caring for him in his old age...

"That was fun!" Louis exclaims. There are nods of agreement all around.

"Hey, El, remember when you got your head stuck in a bucket?" I ask her. Eleanor glares at me playfully.

"You got your head stuck in a bucket?" Louis asks and Harry laughs.

"Remember when you were hugging a stranger in Walmart and wouldn't let go?" Cher asks giving me one of her signature sassy grins.

"Remember when you got stuck in the freezer at school?" Eleanor fires back. Cher turns lobster red. Cher got stuck in the freezer? Oh yeah, I remember! She was a Chersicle when we finally got her out. Haha funny? No? Tough crowd.

Everyone laughs at our embarrassing moments. They were pretty funny though. I still don't think Louis and Harry can believe how clumsy we were.

"So anyway, Lou, about my sweater being in you closet." I say and Louis' eyes widen. "It's a warm sweater!" he defends. I can't help but to laugh. Cher and I are laughing so hard we fall off the bed. Oops.