The Calder Twins: Chapter 13

Don't forget to check out Never Again! I think you guys would love it.

---------------------------------------------

Chapter 13: Troubled Court Room

*Emery's POV*

After our little game and truth telling, Louis gets a phone call. "Hello?" he asks. His smiling face fades into hard scowl. "What makes you think we want to come?" he snaps. Who is he talking to? Is it the guy that hit us? Did he ever tell us his name? No, I don't think he did. I wonder what it is. Wait, I'm getting off topic!

"I don't care if we have to go!" Louis shouts. Eleanor and I exchange a shocked look. Louis never yells like this. "Fine. We'll be there soon." Louis finally agrees.

He hangs up and looks at us. "We have to go to a court room." His voice is strained.

"We have to go, we have to go." I say standing up. "Where are you going?" Harry asks. "I need clothes." I reply walking out of Louis' room and going ini Harry's.

I dig through my bags and pull out dark wash skinny jeans and a black v-neck shirt. As I pull my sweatshirt over my head I feel hands snake around my bare waist. "Do you have to go?" Harry's warm breath tickles my ear.

"I do, but I promise I'll be back soon." I murmur. His hands slide down to the waist band of my jeans. "Tease." I whisper. Harry chuckles in my ear and hooks his thumbs on my jeans. "You have no idea."

I smile and break away from him, as much as I don't want to. Harry helps me slip my v-neck over my head and I change jeans. "Looking good." Harry praises. I chuckle and give him a hug. "I'll see you later." I whisper. "Mate we can go see a movie?" I look up at him and he nods. I kiss his cheek and leave.

---

*Eleanor's POV*

Emery drives Lou, Cher, and I to the local court room. I am super nervous, I wonder how the man will react after what Emery said to him.

"Do you think it was wrong to yell at him?" I ask my sister. I can see Em's muscles stiffen but, her eyes never leave the road. Maybe I shouldn't have asked that. She did have a point, she had a reason to be fuming too.

"No, I don't think it was wrong." Emery murmurs. "I think I did the right thing, letting him know how angry and hurt he made me." I watch Em's fingers tighten on the steering wheel, her knuckles begin to turn white. "Relax, I know that it was right. He deserved it." I murmur. Slowly, Emery relaxes and leans back in her seat.

"When you yelled at him, what did you mean when you said he was lucky I lived?" I ask, looking back at Emery.

She head snaps to look at me for a few seconds. "Well, when you were unconscious, the doctors didn't know if you would make it. And I swore to myself that if you didn't make it, the person that hit us would pay." Emery explains.

I had been that near death? I must have been at death's door. I'm so glad I came out of it! What would Emery have done to the man if I didn't live? I shiver at the unimaginable things popping into my head. Emery can be fiery and dangerous but she's not a murderer nor does she torture people.

As we pull into the parking lot of the local court room, Emery is shaking. "Calm down. I don't want you getting dragged out for attacking the accused." Cher says putting her had on Em's shoulder.

Emery lets out a few small chuckles and relaxes a bit. "Come on, let's get this over with." Louis says, helping me out of the car.

*Louis' POV*

I am beyond nervous and furious. I don't want to see this man again and I doubt Em, El, or Cher want to either.

"This will go just fine." Cher reassures us. I'm pretty sure she's just trying to reassure herself, based on how she clutches Emery's hand.

Inside the court room, the man stands by a podium, the judge sits at her desk, and a few security guards move silently around the room. I squeeze Eleanor's hand and she smiles at me. We'll be fine, I tell myself, just fine. The judge's harsh gaze takes us in and a shiver runs down my back. Cher and Emery stand beside Eleanor and me as we wait for the judge to begin.

"So, this case seems pretty simple to me." she begins, pushing bleach blonde hair behind her ear. Her blue eyes narrow and her angular face crinkles. "Based on what I have read...."

I can feel myself leaning forward slightly. Casting a swift glance sideways, I notice I'm not the only one. Whew, I thought I was going to look like an idiot.

"I believe that the defendant is not guilt." the judge finishes.

"WHAT?" Cher shouts, lunging forward. In one swift movement, Emery wraps her arms around Cher and holds her back. "I'M GONNA KNOCK THOSE FRECKLES RIGHT OFF YOUR FACE!" I have to admit, Cher can be quite the fighter and very snarky. The judge's eyes widen in complete shock, I can tell that no body has ever said something like that to her before.

"Calm down, she said based on what she read." Eleanor says to Cher.

"Exactly, now let's tell her what really happened." Emery adds.

They do treat her like a sister, an older sister that can be quite dangerous. Niall doesn't know what he's missing. Did I say that out loud? Oops.

"What really happened? What ever was in the papers is what really happened!" the man snaps. Wait, what? He must've changed the story.

"Did you give her the papers?" I question. The look on his face confirms my suspicions. "Your Honour, I must say that what this man gave you is not true. Or not completely true." I speak up.

The judge focuses her attention on me. Her blue eyes narrow and dilate, which scares the hell out of me. She purses her lips and taps the counter of her desk. She flicks her hair behind her shoulders and says "Tell me then."

I nod and begin to tell her what happened. I'm pretty sure that I'm the only one who remembers what actually happened, the girls were all unconscious. As I tell her the story, I cast glances at the accused man. He starts to look very nervous.

When I finish, the judge nods. "Thank you Louis. You all are free to go home, I will have to think this over for a few days." She says with a dismissive.

Cher doesn't move, instead she glares at the man that hit us. "Your gonna die." she threatens. Oh Cher.

I go over and pick her up, dragging her out of the court room and to the parking lot. Well, that went a lot better than I had previously expected.

---------------------------------------------

I know it's boring....

It will get better!

Comment, vote, fan, follow!

Love ya!!

xx