The Calder Twins: Chapter 9

NO AUTHOR'S NOTE TODAY!!!!

---------------------------------------------

Chapter 9:: Terror and Lawsuit

*Harry's POV*

A shiver runs down my back as Emery tells me her dream. I did try to wake her, she was thrashing around, that's why she heard my voice. Why is was disoriented? I have no clue. Maybe it was the dream itself or her mind? I don't really know. Emery looks so frightened that I can barely stop myself from showering her with kisses. "It's ok. I'm here now." I say and pull her into a tight hug. Her shaking body presses against mine. "It was just a dream." I whisper.

She nods slowly and I feel her breath on my chest. There is a small knock on the door. "Come in." I call out. Emery pulls away and wipes her eyes. I hadn't even realised she was crying. "Hey." I look over to see Louis and Eleanor coming in. "Oh, thank god your ok El." I say. She smiles and comes over to Emery. "Is everything ok?" Louis asks. "Yeah, just a bad dream." I say for Em. Lou nods and rubs Emery's back. "Your ok?" Eleanor asks. Emery nods and hugs her tightly.

"We can leave now. All of us are already signed out." Louis says. "Finally!" Emery and I say at the same time. She jumps out of bed and runs into the bathroom. "Don't you need clothes?" Louis calls. Emery opens the door and grabs the pile of clothes on the counter. "Yes, yes I do." She says before going back in the bathroom.

*Emery's POV*

I take off my stupid hospital robe, or scrubs or whatever this is, and put on some skinny jeans. I slip on a bra and pull Louis' football (soccer) jersey on. "How do I look?" I ask opening the door. "Perfect." Harry says with his charming smile. I smile back and go over to my bag. "This is why I always have emergency makeup." I say pulling out my small bag.

Quickly I put on eyeliner, shadow, and mascara. "Ok I'm ready." I say shoving all my stuff, except my phone, into my bag. Harry takes my hand and leads me out the door. Louis messes my hair up and I glare at him playfully. "Uh oh..." He says an takes off down the hallway. I throw my bag at Harry and race after him.

"I'm going to get you Lou!" I yell at him, as I catch up. "No you won't!" Louis replies over his shoulder and takes a sharp turn. I skid to take the turn and hit the wall. That hurt.

Shaking my head and shoulder, I continue after Louis. He reaches the elevator and I slip in just as the doors close. We're on the top floor, I think, so this should take a while.

"Please don't kill me." Louis begs pressing himself against the wall. I smile, a devilish smile, and shrug. "I might not." He sighs and closes the space between us. "Let's wait for them in the gift shop or something." He says. I smile again and shake my head. "No lets scare the shit out of them." I say. Louis smiles and kisses my forehead. "This is why you are my partner in crime."

I smile and stick my tongue out. As soon as the elevator door opens, I smack Louis' ass and run out of the elevator. "Not cool, Emery Wayne Calder! Not cool!" I hear Louis call after me. Yes, my middle name is Wayne. Don't ask how Louis knows, I don't even know. I'm pretty sure my sister told him though.

I race around a corner and then put the front door. I can hear Louis' feet pounding behind me. Please don't catch me! Please don't catch me!

Suddenly I smack into something and bowl it over in the grass. "What the hell was that?" A feminine voice snaps. "Oh, hi Em!" Looking down I see Cher. "Haha, sorry. I didn't see you there." I say laughing. "Obviously not. Now get off me!" Cher says shoving me off. I roll onto my back in the grass and continue laughing.

A shadow falls over me and I suddenly remember that Louis was chasing me. "Gotcha!" Louis says, looking down at me. I cuss under my breathe and stare up at Lou, waiting. I hear the door of the hospital open and then Harry and El's voices. "Harreh!" I shriek. "Harreh help me!"

Harry and Eleanor both look at Louis standing over me and I pretend to be dead. With my eyes open, of course. "Emery!" Harry yells, he's laughing. I guess my performance didn't work.

"Hey, Cher!" Eleanor says coming up behind Harry. "Hi, El." Cher replies standing up. Louis helps me up and I pretend to brush grass off me. "So any deets on the lawsuit?" Louis asks. Cher shakes her head. "Nope, they're not exactly sure when we'll be in court." She says. I snort. "Great first the terror of my dream and now a lawsuit that's possibly not gonna happen for months." I grumble. Harry puts his arm around my waist.

"The nerve of some people!" I say, sticking my nose in the air and walking away. I walk like a snobby celebrity, which I'm not. "By the way, nice twitcam Em!" Cher calls after me. "Why thank you!" I reply over my shoulder.

---

*Eleanor's POV*

In the car I sit in the back with Emery, while Harry and Louis are up front. Well Louis has to be, it's his rental. I keep thinking about what Cher said. How can they not be sure? We have to have this lawsuit. That hospital bill was a lot for me and Em. (A/N I just realised Em is me backwards.... Fail on my part!) Louis, Harry, the other boys, even management offered to pay it yet, we refused. Emery and I weren't raised to depend on other people for money.

I think about what could happen in court. Emery shouldn't be there, she's too sassy. I mean Louis and I are both super sassy but she's sassier than both of us combined. If the guy that hit us, I'll call him Bob since I don't know his name, says something that's not true.... Oh dear Emery will go off on him if he accuses Louis of drunk driving and running a red light. There isn't any evidence to support that though.

"Eleanor!" Emery's yell snaps me out of my thoughts. "W-what?" I stammer. "Louis said 'what about you?'" Emery says. I tilt my head, confused. Harry and Louis laugh while emery shakes her head. "That's how deep in thought you get." She says. I let myself chuckle a little. "Where do you want to go first?" Louis asks, repeating his earlier question.

"Topshop sound good?" Emery asks. "We all agree." I nod. "Sounds good to me." I say and Emery smiles. "Awesome, then it's settled." Harry says, turning up the radio. Live While We're Young is on and Louis and Emery start singing. Harry comes in too but I stay quiet. I don't sing.

"C'mon El!" Lou says. "For me?" I smile and nod. "Anything for my boo." I say before singing. We all sing our hearts out on the song and the songs after it. All the way to the shopping centre we sing at the top of our lungs with the windows down. This will be a good, no great, day.