Convincing My Boyfriend's Father- Chapter 16

Sorry about the wait!

I was totally going to post sooner, but I couldn't think of anything. Sorry!!!

Enjoy tho! :)

Oh! And I would've dedicated the new chapter to PurpleMask 13, but it wouldn't work! lol but thanks for the new cover! It's beautiful!

And I still love the last cover tho! I like jumping from cover to cover. If I have them of course :)

________________________________________________

Chapter 16

Isabelle’s POV

“So…How do I look?” I twirled around in front of Ash in my short gray dress that barely made it halfway to my knees. He just stared at me with wide eyes. I noticed that he already changed. He had changed from his suit he wore to work and put on a nice tuxedo. I had to admit he looked really scrumptious in it.

Feeling my dress rise a bit higher, I roughly tugged it down.

“Don’t.” Ash said, walking over to me. He grabbed my face in his hands and lightly touched my lips to his. “I barely ever see you show skin anymore. Don’t hide it from me now.”

I smiled against his lips. “Eventually, I’ll show you more.”

“Can’t wait.” He replied, nipping at my bottom lip softly before pulling away. “Are you sure you want to go, Iz? I don’t want to force you into anything.”

“Of course. I’d love to meet your…rich and selfish friends.”

He chuckled and took a seat at the edge of the bed to put on his shoes. “I have to admit, it’s true.”

I grinned. “I knew it.”

“But,” He finished tying the shoelace of one shoe and began with the other. “please don’t tell them that. Most of the people that are going to be at this party are people who invest with the company.”

“So, basically you’re saying if I were to do something to insult them, they’ll stop investing in your company. Right?”

“Exactly.” Once he finished tying his shoelace, he stood up and made his way to me. His large hands found my hips as he pulled me against his chest. “And the more people we impress there, the sooner we can finally have time for a family.”

A smile spread across my lips. There’s no arguing there. “I’d like that.”

With a fake smile on my face, I greeted the next couple. These two were a bit older than the last. They looked around their fifties. The woman had on a long flowing white gown and the man had on also a black tux.

“Isabelle, this is Mr. and Mrs. Herondale.” Ash said. “Mr. and Mrs. Herondale, this is Isabelle.” He continued, resting his hand on the small of my back.

“Welcome, Isabelle.” Mrs. Herondale smiled gently at me before looking back at Ash. “I thought you were dating the girl named Amber?”

“We didn’t work out.” Ash told.

“Well, that’s too bad. She was a nice girl.”

I mentally rolled my eyes. Why do I have a feeling she really doesn’t like me?

Turning away from the conversation, I noticed Keith standing across the large golden room talking to a group of men. I whispered to Ash that’s I’d be right back and made my way to Ash’s father.

I can do this, I told myself. It’s not that hard. I just have to restrain myself from punching him in the face.

How I wish he was my dad. That way I wouldn’t feel so guilty for hurting him.

I noticed a waiter pass by with a tray full of glasses of wine and immediately stopped him. I picked up a glass from the tray and took a sip of it, testing it out. Damn this stuff was good. Nothing like a nice glass of wine to ease the nerves.

“Wait a minute.” I mumbled to him and gulped the whole thing down. I set the now empty glass down on the tray and took another one. I drank that up as well and started on another. From the corner of my eye, I noticed the waiter trying to get away, but I grabbed ahold of his free arm. “Don’t you dare move or I’ll rip your fucking arm off.”

Glaring at him, I put the glass down to get more until the whole tray was filled with empty glasses. My head started to spin a bit, but I shrugged it off. I can handle my liquor, for a while at least.

I brushed past the waiter and made my way confidently towards Keith. Once I got closer, his eyes landed on me. He didn’t look surprise nor angry. He looked…passive. I hated that.

He waved his arm at the three men he was speaking to, causing them disperse. Once they were out of earshot, I advanced on him. “You fucking douchebag. What the hell is wrong with you?”

A grin crossed his wrinkly face. He deserves a good punching. “You’re causing such a scene, Isabelle. Are you well?”

“Quit acting like your fucking Dr. Evil! Mwah mwah moo-fucking-ha.” I hissed at him, putting my index finger to the side of my lips just like the evil mastermind did in those Austin power movies. Right at that moment I knew I was acting like a maniac but I could really care less. “Why are you paying people half a million to drive me away from Ash? Huh? Do you really hate me that much?”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.” He said, faking innocence.

I raised my hands in the air as if getting ready to choke the life out of him, but stopped in midair. I can’t kill him. How would I get away with it? “I was kidnapped the other day. Kidnapped. Oh, and I was tortured.”

He eyes flashed with something, but he easily covered it back up. “I don’t know why that’s any of my business.”

“Why don’t you understand that your son and I love eachother?” I demanded. “You can keep trying to tear the both of us apart, but we’ll always work it out. Keep doing what you’re doing, you won’t even be able to call Ash your son.”

Anger flared in his eyes. “You won’t take my son away from me.”

“Wouldn’t dream of it.” I shot back. “You’re going to do that yourself.”

I turned and walked away, not wanting to hear anything else from him. The rest of the night went by like a blur. I avoided Ash’s dad like the plague he was and Ash didn’t mind one bit. Ash and I didn’t leave until around three in the morning when all of the ‘important’ guests left.

All I knew was when I left the party I was focused on one thing.

Killing Keith Strapp.

I laughed to myself, realizing that I sounded like Uma Thurman off of those Kill Bill movies.

But I was totally serious.