Convincing My Boyfriend's Father- Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Isabelle’s POV

“Izzy. I want to go home.” Oliver whimpered from behind me.

I turned around to face him. It was kind of hard to make out his face because it was so dark. “Really? Well, you can’t go home without a car.”

I really didn’t even care about the car. I actually wanted to talk to Keith. This whole thing is going way out of hand with him.

“Why can’t we just take a bus or a taxi or something?” He protested.

“I left my wallet at the apartment.” I told him. He groaned. “And this is so much cooler.”

“This isn’t cool, it’s dangerous.”

“Stop whining, Oli.” I walked up to the gate of the Strapp mansion. “Hello? Are you there Cole?”

“No.” The speaker above me said.

I rolled my eyes and tried to get a peek at him through the thick bars of the gate. “You asshole. Open the damn gate.”

“No. Since Ash isn’t with you this time, I don’t have to listen to your shit.” He snapped. “Now, get your ass off of the Strapp property.”

“Oh, I’ll show you my ass! Right after I kick yours!” I growled at him. I started to bang against the gate, the noises echoing loudly. “Let me in, Cole!”

“Never!”

“I am going to—“

“Iz, I think we should just go…”

“Don’t you dare start, Oli.” I shouted at him without taking my hands off of the bars. “Cole, come out here so I can kick your ass.”

He appeared then before us with a scowl on his face. “How are you going to kick my ass from there, huh?”

“Why don’t you open the fucking gate and we’ll fucking see!”

I saw a shadow appear down the walkway to the mansion. Cole turned the direction I was looking and a grin appeared on his face. “Hey, Ash.”

“What’s going on?” When his eyes zoned in on me, a sad look crossed his face. “Izzy…”

Hastily, I grabbed Oliver’s hand and we fled down the sidewalk. I faintly heard Ash’s call out for me, but didn’t stop running. I didn’t want to face him again.

Man, I’m such a pussy.

“Izzy, what’s wrong?” Oliver asked, tugging his hand out of my grip and skidded to a halt. “Why don’t we just ask Ash to take us? Why did we run away?”

“We don’t need him to take us.” I said to him and waved down a taxi. One of them stopped. “Get in.”

Oliver didn’t waste any time as he slipped into the taxi. He knew how I was when I was upset.

I started to slide in after him when I felt a hand grab my arm. I turned around to come face to face with Ash. A lump formed in my throat.

He stared at me with such a fire that got my heart racing overtime. “We need to talk.”

“As you can see, Oliver and I are heading somewhere important.”

He briefly glanced down at my arm and his eyes widened at bit. “What happened to your arm?”

“Nothing.” I mumbled hurriedly. “I have to go.”

“Then I’m going with you two.”

I pulled my arm from his and walk over to the other side of the taxi. “Fine.”

“So…” Oliver muttered, whistling a bit.

I rolled my eyes and leaned my head against the window of the taxi. Oliver was sitting between the both of us in the back seat because I really didn’t even want to be near Ash right now. I know it’s childish of me, but I was still a bit pissed at him. Why doesn’t he want to have sex with me?

“Let’s make some jokes. Oh! I know one!” Oliver cheered. “How much did the polar bear weigh?”

He waited a moment for one of us to answer. Realizing that we weren’t, he sighed. “Enough to break the ice—you know, jokes aren’t really funny when you guys don’t try to guess the answer.”

“Oliver, you want to hear my joke?”

He grinned widely at me. “Yeah!”

“Shut the fuck up before I throw you out of this damn car.”

I heard laughter from the front and realized that it was the taxi driver. “Now, that was a funny joke.”

Oliver pouted and crossed his arms over her chest.

I glanced at Ash from the corner of my eye to find a smile on his handsome face.

As soon as we got into the house, Oliver pulled Kim into his arm in a bear hug. I smiled at how cute they looked.

“Hi!” She squealed. “You must be Kim’s friends!”

I stared at the black haired girl and raised a brow. “Yep.”

“She hasn’t told me a damn thing about you guys, but I’m sure we could get to know eachother and be best friends.” She smiled.

I laughed dryly. “Yay…”

Ash chuckled from beside me. I elbowed him in the gut.

“So, what’s your name?” The girl purred, biting her bottom lip.

I balled my hands into fists and started to zone in on her until Oliver pulled me away.

“Darla, that’s Ash and his girlfriend Isabelle.” Kim told her sternly.

Darla gave me a quick glare before putting a fake smile on. “Oh! Well, nice to meet you two. How long are you guys staying for?”

“Ash was just leaving actually.” I told her with fake kindness. “But I’m probably going to stay, I mean, if that’s okay with you?”

She giggled and I swear I wanted to gag right then and there. “No way, it’s completely fine with me.”

“Wait, why am I leaving?” Ash asked. “If you’re staying, I’ll stay as well.”

I sighed. I was hoping to stay away from Ash for at least one night to get my thoughts straight. Or to at least get over this whole anger I have towards him.

“Yay!” Darla screeched.

I winced at the high pitch noise.

“I have a couple of guest rooms. You guys can share one.” She said. “Or share different ones…”

I narrowed my eyes at her. “No. We’ll share one.”

“Okay.”

“I’ll show you guys the room.” Kim cut in and grabbed Oliver’s hand, shooting a glare at Darla. They started for the hallway in front of us. Ash and I followed them until we stopped in front of a cream colored door.

“Okay, this is it.” She said, opening the door.

The room was pretty small, but the bed was at least a kind size. The room, as well as the whole house, gave me kind of country vibe. I couldn’t help but wonder where the horses were…

“And don’t worry about my cousin, Iz. I’ll try to keep her away from Ash.”

Ash raised a brow. “For what? What did she do?”

I rolled my eyes and pushed him into the room. Guys are so blind. “Thanks, Kim.”

She wrapped her arms around Oliver’s waist. “No problem.”

“See you two tomorrow.” Oliver grinned and then they both disappeared down the hallway.

I turned around and saw Ash sprawled out on the bed. I set my hands on my hips. “You’re on the floor, mister.”

_______________________________________________

Pretty short. I'll probably upload another chapter tomorrow!