Convincing My Boyfriend's Father- Chapter 18

Pretty boring chapter, but next one should be more...interesting! Enjoy! And  I'm sorry for like the five month wait! I'm a butthole, I know, I know!

>.>

_________________________________________________

Chapter 18

Isabelle’s POV

I balled my hands into fists as Cole led us into the mansion.  I was seriously ready to murder Keith. I didn’t think about how Ash would think if I did it either. I just really wanted Keith’s blood on my hands.

Like, really bad.

“Where is he?” I asked Cole once we were inside.

“In his office, straight down.” Cole told me and then shot out his arms. “But you’re Scooby gang stays here.”

Scooby gang?” Mandy questioned.

Cole ignored her. “Just go. He’s been waiting for you.”

I was already walking down the hallway, the same hallway with the large picture of Ash’s mother. When I got closer to it, so close I could make out the little blemishes on her face, I stopped to admire it. She really was beautiful and a good woman.

I let out a sigh when I thought about Ash. He had lost his mother and now I’m here to kill his father. How messed up is that?

I thought about my arm that was sliced open and raised a hand to it. I barely even feel it anymore, but I knew it was still there. Maybe killing Keith wasn’t so bad.

Frowning, I turned to the door that was ajar beside me and peeked inside. There was Keith, sitting as his desk with reading glasses on. He looked vulnerable then, something I’ve rarely seen since I was younger. I pushed the door open a little more and he looked up from his paperwork.

There’s that Doctor Evil look again.

His eyes followed me as I took a seat in one of the seats in front of his desk. I glanced around the room, taking in the bookcases and cabinets.

“Isabelle.” He greeted me.

“Keith.” I answered, raising a brow.

He folded his arms across his chest and leaned back against his chair. I mimicked him, challengingly. “I had sent Cole to fetch you. I had a feeling you were outside my house, stalking me. It’s what you do. You did it with Mrs. Kelly.”

I remembered Officer Ted read about that on my file. I didn’t even do anything. I was a child who thought my next door neighbor killed and ate cats. I was just trying to get enough evidence to prove it to my parents. “You know me so well, Keith. And I had a feeling that you’re being an asshole.” I shot back. “It’s what you do.

“Right.” He narrowed his black, beady eyes at me. “Well, the reason I wanted you here was to tell you that I called off the hit on you.”

“You mean the hit where you sent criminals after me?”

“No,” He drawled, dripping with sarcasm. “I mean the hit where I sent the Teletubbies after you.”

I shivered. “Do not even say that. I’ll get serious nightmares. Those things are the devil’s spawn.”

He rolled his eyes.

“But why would you do that?” I asked him. “Last time I checked, you hated me.”

“I don’t hate you.”

“Yes. Yes, you do.”

“No, I don’t.”