Chapter 21 What if

Perrie's POV

I looked down at the hospital clock infront of me and it read eight thirty. I sighed for the millionth time already. I looked around my pretty boring room. Infront of me was a tv with very few entertaining channels, a bed that was not very soft to lay on for long, and two windows looking out onto the entrance of the hosptial. 

All and all a very depressing room, but what could I say it is not like I am living here for ever. Next to the bed stood a side table with a lamp and my phone. I picked up my phone to see if anyone had texted me, and guess what? I had about forty missed calls from Jade, thirty nine texts from Leigh-anne and forty nine from Jesy. They must have found out somehow. These girls must really care about me. I frowned and sorrow started to fill the pit of my stomach. I hadn't even told them, despite all the thing we've been through.

I place my hand on my belly as I start to think of Zayn. We were so great together, if only he wanted the baby. If only managment would let me keep the baby, but this is all for the best interest of my band, right? My eyes fall down to my three and a half month belly that while it isn't very big, is showing now. 

"I wish I could see you grow up baby." I whisper. As I lie my phone back down on the table and close my eyes I hear someone come into my room. 

"Hello, am I disturbing you?" I hear a woman say. I slowly peel my eyes open to see a girl with long curly, blonde hair. She looked pretty young. 

"No, I was just relaxing. Would you like something?" I ask the girl politly? She looks at me her eyes sparkling with understandment. 

"Yes, my names Elizabeth and I am your nurse for this procedure. Well, we need to give you your spinal shots to numb up your lower half of your body so we can do surgery on you. Is it okay if we could do that right now?" the woman asks. I smile taking in her apperance before she went to the phone connected to the wall next to the door. She picked up the phone and dialed a number quickly, without even looking at the numbers to the phone. 

She stretched the phone cord so she could talk right outside my room. I didn't hear much but I think she was a calling down some doctor. She walked back into the room momments later and placed the phone back on its stand. 

"Your anesthesiologist will be here shortly," Elizabeth smiled brightly at me. I smiled back. Something about this girl made me feel so safe, but if you asked me why I felt that way I wouldn't be able to answer you. She turned her back towards me her curly blonde hair fell down her back. The room was silent as I stared at her back. The only sound that was made was the sound of her nails clipping on the keyboard of the computer next to my bed.I sat up a little more, wanting to know more about my nurse. 

"Um, excuse me Elizabeth," she turned around from what she was doing,"I was just wondering how old you are?" I asked wondering if I was allowed to even ask these questions. 

"I am 27, but I will be turning 28 very soon," She said still looking at the screen. I nodded taking in this information. 

"How long have you been working with kids and other patients?"

"I have been working with kids for a really long time. When I was a kid it was the first thing I wanted to become, a nurse. But, for right now I am not liking the cases I am being put in. I mean I do not like the thought of killing babies, it is wrong! Right now, I wish I could be working in the birthing center instead of the abortion center. My skills could be used for better things such as helping babies grow and get healthy, yet I am stuck here in this place I like to call death," Elizabeth frowned. As she finished the anesthesiologist came in with a cart full of different medications and needles. 

"I will be right back, Perrie. Once you have your medication your surgery will get started pretty quickly." I nodded, but I wasn't really listening. The only thing I could think about was what Elizabeth has said. I kept turning what Elizabeth had said to me in my mind. What did she mean this place was like death? Even as the needles went into my back I didn't flinch, I was to concentrated on the decisions flipping through my mind.

I am so sorry to all you guys that read my story. I know you've been waiting a really long time for this update. Again I am really sorry because it was Christmas and I had family over. Anyways hope you guys have a great New Years Eve(which is today).