Midnight Surprise

A/N I want you guys to know that both my storyline and Haley, Lucy, Christy, and Ethan's storylines are going on at relatively the same time (give or take a couple minutes). Also the only reason I voted for the last part was Bc KeeperOfshadows AKA Ben is currently unable to use Wattpad and he said he would vote if he could, so I voted in his place.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My P.O.V

Fire surrounds me. Its' heat singes my skin. I look all around for a way to escape the flames but I can't find one. A loud roar sounds from behind me and I whip around. What greats me is a white hot jet of flames.

My eyes open and my heart races. It was only a dream.

It feels as if a ball of cotton has been shoved in my mouth, I am so thirsty. Needing a drink right away I get up, grab two glass bottles from the chest, and cautiously walk outside with my sword in hand. From what I can tell there are no hostile mobs around. I let out a sigh of relief and put my sword back in my inventory(I really don't feel like fighting). Something tells me the ocean water here will be salt water, so I decide to go to the lake to get some water. The moon in this dimension is creating so much light that I can see pretty clearly, so I just begin on my way to the lake. When I reach the lake I squat down and begin taking a long drink from the water.

When I finish I fill both bottles with water. One is for me and the other is for Mike when he wakes up. Both bottles are filled now and I start to head back to the camp but a rustle in the leaves freezes me. Instinctively I conjure my sword and begin to slowly do a 360 making sure to catch any form of movement. Nothing else moves and I let out a sigh. Must have just been a... A trident lands an inch away from foot. I jump so high that I could have hit the moon. My mind screams at me to run and I bolt towards the campsite. The sound of something running through the trees can be heard above me making me start to run faster.

Halfway towards the campsite a figure jumps from the trees, landing right in front of me. I smack right into them. We both get knocked backwards. I can't really get a good look at the figure because A) the jungle canopy blocks out most of the moonlight and B) everything is happening so fast. In an instant me and the figure are back on our feet and charging towards each other.

When I get in close enough I swing my sword towards my attackers midsection. Very skillfully they block the attack with a trident. The figure pulls away and jabs at me. I step out of the way. As they go past me I hit the trident downward then kick them in the back. The attacker falls to the ground. My blade comes downward for a finishing blow. As fast as lighting my opponent turns over and with both hands gripping the trident blocks the attack. A very strong shove knocks me off balance. As I fight to regain it the attacker gets up and lunges at me. I catch my footing, deflect the attack, and swing at them with one of my own. They catch my sword in-between the prongs. I begin to push against the trident with all my might. Noticing what I am trying to do, my attacker pushes back and quickly swings the trident sideways.

With my sword I am pulled to the side and downwards. I try my hardest to not fall but I get punched in the back and land face first in the sand. I grab a handful of sand and turn over super fast. I throw the sand in my enemy's face and run for it. Right when I am a foot away from the beach something wraps itself around me. Whatever grabbed me picks me up and hurls me at the shack. With a thud I hit the side of the shack and slowly slide down the wall. I feel a wetness on my midsection and freak out. I reach down and place my hand on my stomach. I am very confused when my hand doesn't come back stained with blood. Instead it has water on it. That's strange.