Time To Step Up - Chapter Thirty

Time To Step Up

~*****************************~

Chapter Thirty

~*****************************~

The sound of beeping was driving through my head, and I felt absolutely tired, not sleepy tired, but as if my bod wasn't fully awake yet. I have no idea what that noise is, or what is covering my nose and mouth, but it was helping me to breathe as my chest felt a bit tight. I felt pressure on the left side of my body. My eyes fluttered as I tried to open my eyes, but the light stung my eyes.

When I finally opened my eyes and got a clear view, I can recognise that I am in a hospital room. I looked around and saw that I was alone. Why am I in here? All I remember was that I was in a casino and I heard a loud bang... Oh my God... Jake shot me.

I groaned as my side was hurting a little bit. Then the door opened, and a nurse came in, I can tell she was a nurse, she was wearing the blue uniform. She smiled at me when she saw that I was awake.

"Why, hello there, sleepy head." she said, trying to bring up the happy mood. "How're you feeling?"

I coughed to clear my throat, "I little thirsty and a bit dizzy."

"Well, I'll get you some water and I'll get the doctor."

When she left, I looked around the room. Where's Robert? Where's Danny?... And was that man who tried to help me really my father.

The nurse came back with Dwayne and a jug of water with a few plastic cups. She helped me drink some and changed my IV.

"How're you feeling, Olivia?" Dwayne was very happy to see me, of course, he would be, he's family now.

I told him I was dizzy, but he said that's just an effect from the coma and the medication that I was on.

"You'll be well enough to go home tomorrow... since you know my powers." he whispered the last bit.

I laughed, with a little giggle and nodded. Dwayne was a healer, and before he went to call Robert, he pressed his hand to my wound to heal it some more. Since tomorrow is Christmas day.

I waited for another hour for Robert and it felt like forever, but Dwayne gave me some magazines and newspapers to read and I was on front page. The paparazzi found out that I was shot by my crazy 'jealous' ex. But they didn't know that my boyfriend was a werewolf.

Then I remembered... who was that other werewolf? I couldn't help noticing that it's eyes are just like Drake's... maybe it was Drake.

I must have fell asleep because when I woke up again, Robert was there, and the man who helped me. I smiled and sat up and hugged my brother, who practically smothered me with kisses and, he was crying, thanking God, although he isn't religious.

"Olivia... I love you so much." he said, whilst still hugging me, he then pulled me away and smiled, "We have a dad."

I tilted my head, confused at what he had just said. Then I looked at them man and noticed that Robert does look like him a little bit; same blondish brown hair, nose and mouth... but his eyes are green... like mine.

"Dad?"

The man nodded and smiled at me, "Hello, princess."

He is my dad! I have a dad. Those sickos kidnapped my dad... I hate them... I wish they were dead...

Me and my dad... it felt weird saying that... hugged and we both started crying. Me and Robert have lost a mum, but we have never lost a dad. All this time, me and Robert had always thought that our biological father had left us for no reason and didn't care about us and had left us with no money or any contact, and he was taken away from us. But, I don't know why, and to be honest, I don't even want to know.