Time To Step Up - Chapter Five

Hi readers, thank you for reading and voting. Please comment, I want to know what you really think. Thank you... <3

~****************~

Time To Step Up

~****************~

Chapter Five

~****************~

Three weeks into the semester and high school had proved to me mostly fun, a part from that weird feeling from Danny's warning. But, also in the three weeks Amelia is learning how to street dance, and yes, I am her teacher. And she loves it. She's really good and an eager learner. But, what is up with Danny? What did he think he saw? What the hell has it got to do with me? The last thing I need was some bad boy to take an unhealthy interest in me.

I shook it off, I shouldn't be thinking about this, it ain't important... or is it? Damn, he made me curious. He's probably tormenting me now.

"Activities day, next week. Seniors can choose to go rafting or a ten mile hike." Amelia told me one Friday afternoon as I walked her home after a street dance lesson, "I'm going rafting, wanna come?"

I nodded, "I have to, Robert's going, so he wants me to go. Hope I don't fall in."

"Aww don't worry. I'll save you." she sounded like a superhero, puffing out her chest, which made me laugh.

~*****************~

The day of the rafting trip and the weather is quite dull with a little breeze. Ain't it suppose to be always nicely warm in America? It was a little chilly and spits of rain were falling. Lucky enough I am wearing my grey tracksuit, old Nike trainers, gloves and a black DC cap. The minibus bumped down the dirt track that led to the rafting school.

When we arrived we were given helmets, waterproof shoes and life jackets.

"Great- we have Mr Balthosar- Danny's and Wyatt's father- he's the best." Amelia said.

Okay, I have noticed the name of the family 'Balthosar' is the name of Romeo's cousin in Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. I weren't really paying attention, I was a little nervous, I was shaking a little bit. Robert noticed, he nodded to me and mouthed 'are you all right?'. I nodded and thought of dancing. He then came over to me, putting his arm around me.

"You'll be fine." he mumbled in my ear.

"Right, my sons are just sorting the rafts out, now get yourselves into four teams." Mr Balthosar told us. He was a golden-brown coloured man, with long black hair and he was very tall and strong built, "My sons are out on the course right now. I'll let you know if you want lessons." He gestured to the rapid river, which leads to a lake.

I looked at the river where three red kayaks were racing down the rapid water. I can't tell who's in which boat, but whoever they are they were skilled. The first person crossed the finishing post and punched the air with his paddle, laughing at his brothers.

It was Danny. Of course.

The other boys finished and Danny still laughing pulled them out. I recognised Wyatt when he collapsed on his back with Danny, until they got their breath back. It was strange to see Danny happy: as in only and nothing dark looks from him.

"My younger sons." Mr Balthosar said with a shrug.

The Balthosar boys looked up.

"Get the raft launched, dad, and I'll be right with you when I get changed." shouted the tallest, "Danny will take the kayaker."