Time To Step Up - Chapter Twenty-Seven

Time To Step Up

~*****************************~

Chapter Twenty-Seven

~*****************************~

Tonight could have never been more perfect; Dancing in front of crowd, smashing it on stage, hearing the crowd going wild, screaming our name, cheering us on... And, seeing Taj again, and him announcing that he is our manager... It hasn't just been perfect, it has been shocking as well, almost heart stopping.

And to make the night better, Robert had let me stay at Danny's for the night... even Karla and Joseph is letting me share Danny's bed with him... as long as I don't tell my brother, of course.

But, the night went a bit down hill... Dwayne had given me a scan picture... of my baby... I remember that he put this gooey stuff on my belly and moved a camera around my flat belly back September. He must've forgotten to give me the picture.

I was outside on the porch, staring at the picture of my baby. If only I didn't have that bloody miscarriage. I have been cursing in my mind for the past ten minutes or so, trying to keep the tears in. I have finally seen a picture of my eight week old unborn child, and it was clear enough to see it's head and nose. It has it's mummy's nose... my nose... small and slightly pointed.

I sighed and wiped away a tear which got the better of me and escaped. I heard the front door close and footsteps behind me.

"Olivia?" I heard Danny's voice.

I seriously needed a hug from him. Iturned around, wiping another tear as it took the advantage and broke free.

"Oh, Olivia..." Danny came over to me and wrapped his arms around me, but, all of a sudden, I broke down in his arms. "It's okay, baby... Shh...Shh." He rubbed my back in comfort, kissing my head gently a few times, "Look at me, sweetheart." When I didn't, he placed his fingers under my and moved my head to meet his gaze, "I love you."

He wiped away a tear, which I was hoping was the last one and kissed me carressingly on the lips. I kissed him back, in need of his touch, wanting more than just a gentle kiss, I wanted something more blissful and long lasting.

We have been kissing for more than a few minutes and we both looked out to the ocean. Being in his arms had never felt so perfect and safe.

"I think we should go to bed, babe, you look tired." Danny said.

I just nodded, I haven't said anything so far. I didn't know what to say, I was scared that I might break down in tears again. Danny went to his room, but I went into his en suite, the lucky sod, and got changed and brushed my teeth.

Just in time when I washed my face and dried my hands, my phone rang 'Just A Dream' by Nelly.

"Hello?"

"Hello, babe, what's happenin'?"

"Taj?"

"Aye, tis me, sweets. So, what ya doin'?"

"Getting ready for bed, unlike you, bet'cha getting hammered aren't you?"

"Nah, not t'night for me, babes, got a lot of work to do as your manager. Cold ya meet me tomorrow at the caf' down the beach?"

"Yeah, that's no prob, what time?"

"'Bout, afta twelve or somethin?"

"Yeah, that's 'kay. Inabit, yeah? I'm proper shattered."

"A'right, sweets, inabit, love ya."

"Love you too, Taj."

"See ya."