Time To Step Up - Chapter Twenty-Nine

Time To Step Up

~****************************~

Chapter Twenty-Nine

~****************************~

14th February 1993

My eyes opened as I saw the world which I was born in, my big eyes looked everywhere, but... my mummy wasn't holding me, someone with a blue top on... maybe that was my daddy. I was placed in a soft cot and a little boy peeped in. I looked at him, and I instantly knew that he was family.

"Olivia... Olivia Stacey-Alice Wilde..." he had said, "That's my little sister... mummy and daddy wanted to call her Olivia, and I want mummy's name in it as well..."

My brother smiled at me. He reached his hand in and touched my hand, and I wanted to cling onto it, so I did.

"I'm going to be the bestest big brother in the whole wide world." he promised, "And I promise to pro-prote-protect you from the bad guys and scary bugs."

8th July 2001

Today my cousin took me to Hynburn Sports Centre to do some street dancing. I watched this type of dancing on the tele and it was amazing and I really wanted to do it, so my cousin and his mum kindly offered to take me, because Drake goes dancing as well.

It was amazing, today I made some friend... Julia, Bradley, George and Christian. I like Christian and Bradley the best, they make me laugh. George is really polite and like a gentleman, like Prince Charming and Julia is really, really cheeky.

8th July 2002

It's been a year since the first day I came here and met my new friends. Now, we want to become a street dance crew. The teacher really likes us because when we do practise battle, we throw back something better.

"Rebound. That suits you guys. I really think that you should be called Rebound." the teacher said.

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"It means, when you get knocked down, you bounce back up and you throw something better." he explained.

We cheered...

That's when we got the phrase 'It's time to step up' and 'It's time to Rebound'...

1st January 2011

Beggin by MADCON was blasting through the speakers as me and my crew were dancing like we've never danced before in front of three judges.

We were auditioning for the UK's National Championships. The world's most toughest street dance competition, and only ten crews go through, then it's the finals... Three lucky crew will be asked again to perform, then it's out of those three crews who are the winners.

We were panting and we stood close together, waiting for the judges to either put their thumbs up or down. If you get one or two thumbs up, you're out, if you get three, you're in.

Three thumbs up!!!!

We're in!!!

31st January 2011

We were standing on stage, sweating and worrying. There was us, Rebound, anotehr crew, StarBurst and Zero Gravity. We have all danced twice and now we're waiting for the presenter Taj McJovi to announce third, second and first place...