Time To Step Up - Chapter Twenty-One

Time To Step Up

~*******************************~

Chapter Twenty-One

~*******************************~

It's been a week, and Danny has been ringing me up every night, just to know I'm okay.

So, Robert, to 'test' Danny, has invited him over for the day, plus to help me, him, Julia and Drake to decorate our apartment.

It's Christmas!... In thirty days... I'm counting.

Robert said to me that he wants to get to know Danny. He even admits it's really sweet that Danny's concerned about me and rings me up every night. Danny must be being safe by not talking telepathically, plus he wants to make a good impression for Robert.

Me and Julia were putting lights on the Christmas tree, well, firstly we have to do the trickiest part, untangling the fucking things.

"Thank you, Aunt Janine, for the spare tree. The Christmas cards are really lovely, thank you." I said to Aunt Janine, if you remember is Drake's mum.

She kindly gave us her spare tree and made homemade Christmas cards.

"It's no problem, love, see you later." Aunt Janine blew us a kiss, and gave her son a kiss on the cheek before she left.

Julia was humming 'Merry Christmas, Everyone' by Shakin' Stevens. One of our favourite Christmas songs.

Robert, Drake and Danny were having a conversation of their own... and they were laughing as well... That's a good sign... I hope...

I looked at Julia and gave her a hoping smile. She winked at me and smiled, then leaned closer to me to say something quietly in my ear.

"I think Danny's a'right, actually, he ain't a bad bloke... Just hope he can keep you happy."

I hugged my best friend, who hugged me back, "Thank you, Julez. I really believe that Danny won't hurt me."

"Well, there's one more thing, really."

"What?"

"His reaction when you tell him what happened."

I pressed my lips together and glanced at Danny, who was smiling and joking around with my cousin and my brother, pinning up the trimmings on the ceiling. I smiled, then he noticed me and winked at me, my smile grew and he smiled showing his dimples.

"I'll tell him when I think it's the appropriate time. When I'm ready."

Julia looked at him, "His brotha wiv the specs is well fit..."

I nudged her, "Change the subject, why don't you." I giggled.

Me and Julia shared a little laugh, then realised we made a more complicated tangle with the lights. We laughed louder.

~*****************************~

Okay, so yesterday I rarely spent time with Danny, but it was a good thing. Most of the time Robert, Drake and Danny were actually bonding. They were, you know, talking about 'guy stuff', such as football/soccer, rugby/football... I keep confusing myself with the English sport and the American sport... but, I'll get used to it.

"Olivia, Danny's on the phone!" Robert called from the living room.

I went to take the phone from Robert, but I waited until he has finished his conversation.

"...Yeah, yeah... Defo, I'll come over on Saturday to watch the game... Awh, cheers, pal... You allowed beer?... Right... Nice one... Right, I'll pass you over to Olivia... Yeah, all right... All right... See you, pal... Bye." Robert handed over the phone to me, giving me a smile, which I know is a certain smile, meaning he is happy.