Time To Step Up - Chapter Twenty-Three

Time To Step Up

~****************************~

Chapter Twenty-Three

~****************************~

I never returned home, or went to school the next day, instead I stayed with Aunt Janine, she didn't question why, I only told her I needed some space and some time to think. It was only one night.

The next morning I went for a walk wearing my cap low and my hood up over my head. I felt miserable, I needed Danny but, I want to give him time to himself. I can't believe I made him cry and I can't believe I was a prostitute. I did tell him it wasn't my fault, but I wished that I have explained it more clearly.

"Yes, she's right through here - Olivia, you have some visitors, sweetheart." Aunt Janine said.

I turned the TV on to mute and swung my feet off the coffee table and stood up to greet my visitor. My heart was pounding as I panicked, thinking it was Danny.

It was Francis, the FBI agent with another person, a woman, who must be his colleague. Francis is the third eldest brother in the Balthosar family.

"Hello, Olivia, we haven't officaly met; I am Francis and this is my colleague, Angelica." Franis introduced himself and the black haired woman, "We need to discuss about your issue."

"Issue?" Then it hit me, "Oh! - You mean about the other night?" My heart skipped a beat as I panicked a little.

He nodded, then came in a sleepy Fatboy, who had slept in till one o'clock in the afternoon.

"Mornin', baby girl - oh, er, sorry, mate, am I interuptin' somethin'?" he asked.

I quickly answered before Francis could say anything, "Can you... stay with me?... I'm gonna tell him about... what happened in August... about Jake..."

"Yeah, yeah. Of course, d'ya want Drake or...?"

"No, leave him, it's fine..." Since Drake came home late last night for God knows what reason.

Fatboy held my hand as I explained my story, starting from when I met Jake to when we arrived in Manchester which was for a day out which turned into a weekend away.

"And, the 'favours', what exactly did he meant?" Angelica asked as she wrote down some notes.

I swallowed and looked at Fatboy who gave me a comforting smile and an assuring nod to carry on and tell her.

"He meant by sleeping with other men, he forced me to do it after he... after he raped me..." I shakily pushed my side fringe behind my ear, "He put things... he put things in here," I pointed to my head, "I thought... I thought... that he loved me. I was so stupid and I promised to do it before I even knew what I was going to do." Tears was pouring down my cheeks.

I then noticed that Aunt Janine was standing with Drake and Robert, and also Joseph, Karla, Danny and cole was there. Aunt Janine was crying silently, Karla was as well whilst Joseph held Danny's shoulder as Danny was shaking. Drake was holding his mother, with Robert holding her hand. Cole was comforting his mother. I licked my lips and began to talk again.

"The things he said to me and I believed him... 'we're soulmates' he'd always told me. He hurt me... They all did... The men would hurt me if I protested... th-they would hold me down... I was raped, over and over again. "I cried, "They raped me and I couldn't stop them!"

"And where was Jake Kelly whilst all of this was happening?" Angelica asked me.

"He just stood outside the door, making sure I wouldn't escape... What kind of boyfriend would do that to their girlfriend? I thought I was in love with him... I really did love him. They say you do crazy things for the one you love, but not anything like this! I didn't want to be like those girls." I continued, "I really regret everything, I wished that I've never met him in the first place... I might not be the first girl that he did this to."