Time To Step Up - Chapter Sixteen

Time To Step Up

~**************************~

Chapter Sixteen

~***************************~

I was in maths, and I was falling asleep. Damn Mondays. 'Crappy Ol' Mondays'. Julia is trying not to nod off, she is so close to doing so. I haven't seen Danny since Halloween, which was actually yesterday, not good since almost the whole school went to the party at the community centre. Mind you, some kids didn't turn today. Robert and Adam have hangovers so a substitute has taken over for today.

My eyes kept dropping. My hand slipped from under my chin, so my chin banged on my desk.

"Dammit!"

Everyone turned to look at me, giving me weird looks. The bang on my chin woke me up.

"Miss Wilde, keep it down, please, you're causing a distraction." Mr Cornley said.

"You face is a distraction." I mumbled.

Amelia and Julia must've heard me since they covered their mouths, muffling their laughter.

"I'm sorry, what was that?" Mr Cornley asked.

"Nothing. And apology accepted." The classroom gasped at my reply. Even I can't believe I said that. But, hey, no one likes Mr Cornley, he's a mean cunt, plus he went over the top when he was telling Danny off the other day for talking in class. So, here I am, taking revenge for Danny.

"How dare you speak to me like that!" Mr Cornely made me jump with the way he yelled, "Who do you think you are speaking to me like that?!" I just stared at him, he's a bully, "Well?" He's right in my face now, "Did your parents brought you up talking to your elders like that?"

How dare he mention my parents. I glared at him, my jaw tightened. Mr Cornley was definitely in my face now, I could smell his coffee breathe. I stood up, getting in his face.

"Never mention my parents again." I hissed.

Mr Cornley took a step back, still glaring at me, "Do you want a detention? Or sent to the Principal's office?"

"Anything to get away from you." I said.

"Get out!"

"Gladly!"

I grabbed my back and stormed out, slamming the door when I opened it and slammed it when I closed it. I carried on walking to wherever, hoping to bump into Danny in progress since he wasn't in maths either.

I couldn't fucking sleep last night at all. I dreamt of that night, that night when Jake raped me. I was up at two o'clock in the morning, panting and sweating, trembling because of the hirrid memory. After that I couldn't get back to sleep.

Ahead of my was the music room and I heard drumming.

Danny.

Right now I needed him. I need him to hold me, make me feel safe and protected.

I walked over to the music room and walked straight in to find Danny playing the drums very professionally, flicking the hair out of his eyes which made him look attractive. No one else was in the room, only him.

To be honest, he actually does look more attracive playing the drums.

I stood there watching him. He was wearing a black t-shirt, his black leather jacket was laid on the black grand piano. His muscles were reflecting and relaxing from every movement of playing the drums.