nine

crimson walked out of her tent in the morning and saw taylor and justin talking outside.

"good morning." taylor said.

"good morning, grayson still sleeping?" she asked.

"um yeah i think so. i haven't see him." justin said.

crimson nodded and had her breakfast, once she was done she went for a short run along the beach. when she got back, grayson still wasn't there.  

"grayson can't still be sleeping." crimson said to herself as she walked up to his tent. she opened it up and saw he wasn't there. 

"guys, grayson isn't his tent. did he come out?" she asked as she walked over to taylor and justin, they were fishing. 

"i didn't see him." justin said. 

"i wouldn't worry, maybe he just went into the jungle to swim in the lake or something. if he isn't  back by dinner, we'll look for him." taylor said. 

crimson nodded and joined them. 

-- 

grayson woke up in dark cold place. he couldn't make out what it was but it looked like a old prison cell. 

"where the fuck am i?" he asked himself as the events of last night came back to him. 

he got up and ran to the door. "hey!!! let me out!!!" he yelled. 

"looks like pretty boy is finally up." an old man with a beard said as he got up from his chair  and walked towards to him. 

grayson tried to break off the bars that kept him and the old man separated. the old man only laughed. 

"you think that's gonna work pretty boy?" he asked. 

"stop calling me that!! i have a name!!" grayson said. 

"and i don't care what it is." the old man replied. 

"what do you want from me?" grayson asked. 

"i don't know yet, all i know is you shouldn't be here on this island, you're an outsider and i don't like outsiders. none of us do." he threatened. 

"outsiders? are you telling that there are insiders? people live on this island willing?" grayson questioned. 

"you say it like it's a bad thing. this island is a gift. a gift that is meant to be received  by us and not you and your people." 

my people?  for the first time since he woke up, he thought about crimson, justin and taylor back at the beach. crimson must be worried about me, i have to get out of here. 

"i don't have any people, i'm here by myself." grayson lied. he didn't like this guy and he was going to do everything he could to protect crimson. 

"lying is the devils magic, young man and you shouldn't play with it." the old man said before walking away. 

"wait!! you can't just keep me here!!" grayson called out to him but he didn't say anything and just walked down the hallway. 

what the actual fuck

-- 

"i'm getting worried, grayson couldn't been in the jungle that long by himself." crimsons said. 

"calm down, your boyfriend is fine." justin said. 

"wait what? grayson isn't my boyfriend." crimson clarified. 

"he was just joking calm down and if you're so worried about him then why don't you go look for him?" taylor suggested. 

"fine you guys are obviously aren't any help at all." crimson said before marching away from the beach and heading into the jungle. 

crimson came across one of the fruit trees her and grayson pick fruit from and saw one of their coconuts. she saw footprints near the coconut. was grayson here?

"grayson?" she called out, she heard nothing. though she did notice more  footprints in the mud. her stomach dropped as she remembered seeing humans when she was at the tree tops.

did grayson run into other humans? are they other humans on the island? is he in trouble? are they nice? did they take him somewhere? is he okay? 

a million questions ran through her mind as she thought over the possibility of there being other people on the island. she was about to go and run back to the beach to tell taylor and justin when she felt something hold her wrist back, she screamed but before she could fight back, something hard hit her head and she was knocked out. 

-- 

grayson was bored and scared out his mind. he had no idea of when he would be let out, if he would be let out or when he was getting food or water. no one had come to the window since his conversation with the old man. he felt dumb knowing that the old man saw through his lie. he just hoped that crimson wasn't hurt. 

after a few hours of just laying there, doing nothing he heard footsteps. he automatically jumped up and ran to the door. 

he was about to scream to be let out when he saw someone carrying crimson in. "hey!! let go of her!!" grayson yelled.

"you know her?" the man asked, he looked like he was in his mid 20s and spent every day at the gym. 

"ummmmmmm i don't know her, you know her?" grayson stuttered. 

the man rolled his eyes and mumbled, 'outsiders.' 

"i'm going to open the door too let her in, you try and get out your friend is dead." he said as he pulled out a gun from his back pocket. 

"yep cool bro." grayson said and backed away from the door, seeing a gun that close to crimson was enough to scare him into doing anything.

the man opened the door and dropped crimson on the floor. he then closed the door and locked it. 

"you could've put her down gently." grayson hissed as he ran too her to make sure she was okay. 

"i don't give a crap about outsiders." he said.

he started walking away when grayson called out to him, "wait do you know when were getting food?" 

"are you deaf? i just said i don't give a crap about outsiders." he said before walking off. 

"rude." grayson said to himself as he turned back to crimson and sat her up against the wall and waited for her to wake up.