six

crimson and grayson walked around for an hour before they came across a coconut tree, "hey we should get some of those." crismson suggested.

"and carry those plus these back?" grayson questioned.

"yeah? what you don't have enough arm strength?" she teased.

"what? no of course, back home i used to lift every day." grayson said. even though it was really small and probably meant nothing, she still felt happy that he shared something from his past with her; even if the only reason was to prove he's strong.

"okay cool. i'll climb up." crimson offered and put her coconuts on the ground. the tree was like the one she had climbed up previously so she knew what she was doing.

"be careful you know last time you let a bird scare you and you fell." grayson warned.

crimson rolled her eyes at the reminder, "and you be careful because last time i dropped a coconut on justin's head and i can do it again."

"oo, i'm scared." he mocked.

"yeah you should be now shut up and let me climb the tree." she said and started climbing up to the top.

she soon found the tree top and started dropping the coconuts once all of them had hit the ground she made her way down and on her way down her breath stopped.

it can't be. i'm seeing things, i'm totally seeing things.

she thought saw another human like the last time, though this time it was more clear.

"crimson are you ok? are you stuck?" she heard grayson call up to her.

"what? um no, i'm coming." she told him and climbed down.

"are you sure you're okay? you look like you saw a ghost." grayson said.

"um no i didn't see a ghost, it's just sometimes i'm kinda of like 'oh my gosh i'm on a fucking desert island. what the fuck' you know? i try to kinda of be used to it or whatever but it's still hard adjusting." she told him, okay so it wasn't the whole truth but she does have moments like that.

"i get what you're saying. it is really hard being here, i wish i had my brother." he said and she felt her heart sink.

"i'm really sorry, it must be really hard." she told him.

"yeah but i mean it's not like this isn't hard for you, i mean just because you were flying by yourself." he said.

"i miss my family a lot. i was actually on my way back home. i visit australia every summer to visit my dad." she said, it was probably the first bit of personal information she shared with him. it felt good, she knew she could trust him well she hoped she could.

"do you miss your dad a lot when you're not in australia?" he asked.

"yeah a lot but that kinda of feels silly now knowing that i won't ever see him again." she said.

"you might, we could get rescued." grayson said.

"that's a very big if grayson. i mean don't you think they would've been here by now?" she asked.

"haven't you ever seen lost?" grayson asked.

"yeah i watched it last year but this is nothing like lost!" crimson said.

"i guess you're right." he laughed.

they talked more as they walked through the jungle looking for fruit, sooner than expected the sky was turning darker so they headed back.

"hey guys! get some good stuff?" justin asked as they approached them. taylor was cooking a bore over the fire.

"yep even got some coconuts too." crimson said as they put everything down.

"it looks like you guys made a tent." grayson noticed.

"yeah it's a lot of hard work, we only got one done cause then we had to get dinner. tomorrow you'll guys help make the rest of them?" taylor asked.

crimson and grayson both nodded. soon dinner was ready and they all ate and talked about their days.

everyone said goodnight and went off to bed for some reason crimson wasn't tired so she walked to the rock pool.

she must've been sitting there for a least twenty minutes when grayson came up to her, "hey can't sleep?" he asked.

"no, you?"

"nope and when i saw you were gone i figured you were here." he said as he sat down next to her.

"yeah it's weird, back home when i couldn't sleep i would just watch some youtube but i obviously can't do that here." she said.

"w-what youtubers did you watch?" he asked nervously.

"uh, dan and phil, bethany mota, zoella, aspyn and parker and tyler oakely and like heaps more." she told him.

"oh okay cool, i don't watch much youtube." he said.

"you don't?"

"nah, never really was my thing. whenever i couldn't sleep, i would just listen to music or something." he told her.

"gosh i miss music." she said.

"me too, besides family of course that's probably the thing i miss the most." he said.

"me too and milkshakes. i like milkshakes a lot." she said.

he smiled at her, "that's cute."

"you're cute." she said and mentally rolled her eyes when she said that.

"uh-" she said but he cut her off;

"it's okay. i think you're cute too." he said, his gaze had moved from the ocean to her eyes.

before she knew what was happening, his lips were on hers. she immediately kissed him back. they kissed for a few seconds before they broke apart.

"i'm sorry-"

"it's okay grayson. i liked kissing you." she told him.

"uh goodnight crimson, see you in the morning." he rushed as he got up and ran away.

what the fuck just happened?

"grayson wait!" she called out but the crashing waves made her voice so small.

she sighed and started walking back to the beach, when she got there grayson was already asleep or pretending to be. she walked past him and slept closer to justin and taylor.