13. Take Them Down

Author's Note

Sorry for almost an entire's days wait but I didn't manage to finished the chapter on time on account of homework and school. Anyway, here's the next chapter Hoolies. Let me know what you think! Please read, vote and leave comments; you guys are the best! Alright sorry for holing you up, enjoy the chapter! 

~Jaz

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 13

I'll take them down, take them down...

After a full stomach and a quick nap, I wander into the living room to join Rosi and the rest of my family. My younger nephews, Nyjah, Zyah, Liam and Jaimo have congregated on the floor around their new toys. The four of them make all kinds of sound affects 'driving' their little Lego cars around. Marley sits on the floor with his back against the couch preoccupied with his new iPad mini. Tiara sits on a chair along side the love-seat where Presley and her boyfriend sit other talking about something on his phone.Tahiti, Jamie and her husband have turned the dining room chairs toward the living room. They sip from glasses with a thick cream colored liquid that must be spiked egg-nog, no doubt, chatting it up about something really interesting on account of all their big hand gestures. Eric and Cindia sit on the couch side by side watching Laylani as she holds Mila. Dad reclines in the arm chair looking over his family with a soft proud smile on his lips. I tap him on the shoulder from behind. 

"Dad, I'll be back later tonight, I'm going to visit the Rosario's with Laylani." Just then Jamie sets her glass down and walks into the kitchen.

"Alright," he says with a sort of sigh. He sits up and turns to me. "Make sure it's alright with your sisters, they have something panned for later tonight."

"I will," I say before walking from the living room to the kitchen. Jamie is taking some sugar cookies out of the oven. She sets the tray down on the counter rack, takes off the oven mitts and begins stirring red food coloring into a tub of white frosting. I stand beside her and start stirring green food coloring into another tub. 

"So the two of you are going to her family's house right now?"

"Yeah."

"Tiara told what happened under the mistletoe last night." She exchanges tubs.

"I shouldn't have but I..." 

"You don't have to explain; she wasn't ready. When you get to the Rosario's greet everyone as you would then let some time pass with small-talk pass before you ask to speak to Mrs. Rosario. If Laylani doesn't initiate it you will have to." 

"Thanks J," I say setting a tub of frosting down. I spread a thin layer over two cookies and slyly swipe them from the tray. Jamie gives me an irritated look that quickly breaks into a smile. "Let me know how it goes." I nod and she sets the frosting down. "Boys! The cookies are ready!" Just then four of my five nephews come bounding in to the kitchen. Marley wanders in last typing away on his phone. I slip out as the boys run to the counter. 

In the living room I find Rosi with my niece Mila in her arms. I walk in further and rest my arms on the back of the love-seat she it sitting in. She holds Mila's bottle over her head; the infant's cheeks move quickly and efficiently as she quickly makes a significant dent in the contents of the bottle and the formula begins to disappear.

"She's only three months old?" Rosi asks my sister-in-law.

"Yep, only three months." She smiles at Rosi and the baby."

"She's big."

"Yeah," Eric chimes. "One thing Pandita doesn't play with is her food; if you take the bottle away from her before she's done, she throws a mean fit," he chuckles a watching his daughter.