6.5. Taking-Flight

Chapter 6.5

Taking flight making me feel right...

____

 "What about Alysia's shots," Este says bringing his coffee cup to his lips. He lays out the photos before me of Alysia in three different outfits.

"I really like this one with wrap belt peacoat, the color goes well with her skin-tone." I pull the photo towards me.

"Yeah but, the pose needs a little more oh don't know...something." he takes the picture and starts going through photos of Alysia from previous shoots on his tablet. "If she posed like this," he scans through a couple of pages before choosing one where Alysia is standing alongside a bridge, her bright red hair in a clean bun with a few well placed fly-aways. Her blue eyes are stark against her pale skin.

"Ahh, I can see that. We can have her come for a re-shoot," I muse taking a sip of my coffee. "And you can pose her." I say looking over the lip of my cup. Este chuckles. 

"Thanks," he says as he smiles lounging in his chair. He pulls up a new photo of another woman, in a black and chestnut-brown ensemble: black jeans and blazer coupled with a large knit scarf and a brown sweater. On her feet are a pair of vintage brown oxfords and over her shoulder is a large leather brown purse. Her medium length brown hair is parted to the right; her make-up is simple finished with a matte red lipstick. "Ellieanna on the other hand, looks good. You couldn't have picked a better model." He takes a bite of one of the cookies sitting on my desk. 

"She's always been on of my favorites and she's one of the sweetest people I've ever met!" 

After a couple hours of discussion, tons of cookies and a few trips to the break room for Starbucks Frappiccinos, Este and I pick out the final photos and schedule times for the re-shoots. He grabs yet another macadamia nut and white chocolate cookie as he lounges in his chair. I stare at him disapprovingly.

"What?" He asks.

"Its ridiculous that you can eat so many of those and you don't gain a single pound."

"Menina(gir), come on you know this isn't as effortless as it looks."

"Shut up," I say as I throw a crushed ball of paper at him. "I don't know how Lídia puts up with you."

"Meu bem(my darling)? She loves me, that's how." He says with a cocky grin. "Speaking of her, how's Romano?"

"He's packing for his little sister's wedding."

"And why aren't you going with him?"

"I'm needed here, we have to finish the line remember."

"Yeah but I could have done this, so you could have gone."

"Este, I wouldn't put all of this work on you; you have a life outside this place too." Before I can further explain myself he speaks again. 

"Sometimes you think of me too much."

"What?"

"You're already an amazing person to work for; You give me reasonable hours and time off whenever I need it. You should think of yourself more."

"Either way I wasn't going to leave you here with a shit ton of work to do by yourself, its not right. 

"I give up!" He says dramatically. "You're such a work-a-holic."

"I know, I know. It's a disease that I have." I laugh. Just then Este's phone rings, he picks it up and a beautiful smile grows across his face; it must be her.