10. Missing My Bestfriend

Chapter 10

All I know since yesterday everything has changed.

Bruno's POV

Calling her for what seems like the millionth time yields no result. I set my phone down on my nightstand and lay back down on my bed. Laylani has been in my life almost as far back as I can remember. Loosing her after moving to LA and getting deeper into the music business was something that took me some time to get over, I always hoped and somehow I knew I would see her again. Now that's she's back in my life, I can't imagine much of anything without her. Reconnecting with her has been nothing short of a blast from the past. We were back to talking everyday and seeing each other as often as our jobs and activities would allow; just catching up has made me more sure of our friendship but I had never given much thought to what it would be life if we were a couple. Now that I have and after what we shared. All I want is to be with her. I close my eyes. 

The look in her green eyes affirmed the lust and desire that was already building inside of me. I knew that I should have left, I knew that it was wrong but needed to know if what I was feeling was real. The feeling of her lips on mine rendered me motionless. Her pulling at me, urging me closer called my hands to her body where my eyes had been drawn all night. My fingertips grazed the smooth dark fabric of her cocktail dress and I could feel heat radiating through her clothing. I accepted her kiss returning it with one of my own, pulling her closer. I couldn't resist the feeling anymore; I had to know. She was ready and so was I.

She fit perfectly against me; her curves fit the spaces between mine like clasped hands. I gently pressed my tongue past her lips, exploring her mouth; her tongue met mine prodding it firmly. I moved closer. My body hummed with excitement as she broke our kiss, leaning her head back as she planted her hands at the back of my neck and on my shoulders. I wanted her against me again. I pulled her hips to mine and left kisses on her neck, along her collar bones and her chest. My hands moved along her thighs, her skin was like freshly settled smooth sand to the callouses on my fingertips. Sliding my hands up her thighs underneath her dress I massaged her legs. Gasps escaped her lips, her breathing becoming jagged. Continuing made way to more audible gasps each time. I reached for the the zipper. I eased it further down and returned my hands to her thighs; grasping them firmly I put her legs up to my waist as I continued to kiss her. She responded only by kissing me back as she merely ignored the presence of her legs around me. Smoothing my hands over them again she shifted locking her legs behind me. I stepped towards her bedroom.

Things moved quickly for a few minutes but once her dress, my shirt and pants were on the floor everything slowed down. I glanced at her left side where two hibiscus flowers, one red one yellow, reside. "Hibiscus flowers huh? Nice." She simply smiles. She then pursed her lips.

"Can we make love, like way back in the day love?" She asked me as she ran her fingertips along my clavicles; her eyes followed. She looked up at me, her eyes were soft.

"We will lose control," I sang softly.

"Baby don't say no," she replied with her voice entwined in the melody. 

"Heaven only knows," I said finishing the lyric. She smiled. With the two of us kneeling on the bed she had her arms around my neck as her hips pushed against mine. She moved close then away, the fabric of our underwear barely grazed each other but it was almost enough, I felt my temperature rise. I grasped her hips attempting to bring her close but she continued her charade. I felt my heart rate in my ears with my chest pressed against hers. She began body rolling against me and I couldn't hold it in anymore; my head rolled back and my eyes followed.

"Damn," I moaned. "Rosi, please." I groaned once more. She stopped and looked at me her head tilted on one side her brown and blonde curls spilled over one shoulder.