8. Meet Me There

Chapter 8 

And meet me there tonight, and let me know that it's not all in my mind...

______

B P.O.V.

"Where you at?" I text Laylani back as I drum on the bar with my fingers to the beat of the music. 

"Calm down, I get there when I get there." she texts back. I chuckle moving to the beat as I take the first sip from my glass. The bartender looks at me. 

"Waiting for someone?" He asks as he wipes down the counter. 

"Yeah," I say, a smirk coming across my face. "A friend." He raises an eyebrow at me then goes to serve another customer. "Good drink." He nods and gets back to work. 

The music pulsates through the room from the DJ's table elevated just above the dance floor. The bar is ovular set in the center of the club for easy access, illuminated with blue lights. There are people everywhere, couples on the dance floor, groups off to the side talking, people just having a good time tearing it up. The DJ nods to the music coming from is headphones, scratching everything from old 80's records to Today's hits, splicing songs to together as he creates mix after amazing mix. I sway to the music singing along to the songs I know when I spot someone coming towards me. 

Laylani. 

She bounces to the music naturally walking on beat to the bar. 

"Hey!" she exclaims, I warp my arms around her. We hug. 

"Hey there," I say as we step apart. I take her hand and spin her. "Look at chu, gettin' everything did just to come see me," I tease, taking in her deep green cocktails dress, hugging her curves and her usually curly hair that falls straight along her round face. 

"I ain't get dressed up for you," she starts sarcastically. "It's from my new line, thoughts?"

"Turn left, now right. Walk over there and come back," I say. She gives me that 'oh please' look. "I'm just kidding, it looks great, it really does."

"Thanks." she smiles, her eyes lighting up she looks away for a few seconds before she takes a seat at bar beside me. I rotate my glass, swirling my drink around before I take a sip.

"What you drinkin'?" She asks watching me. I set my glass down.

"Dancing Juice." Her eyebrows furrow.

"What's in it?"

"Bartender," I say. He walks over, cleaning out a fresh glass. "Lemme get another DJ with a hint of cherry for the lady." He glances at Laylani, a smile on his face.

"You got it." He gets all fancy, tossing the ingredients in to the container, thrusting it over his shoulder before he empties the contents into a class. He stirs in a little cherry syrup and sets the drink in front of Laylani, a napkin underneath. She looks at me.

"You chicken or are you gonna try it?" She lifts the glass to her lips, taking a small sip. Her eyes widen.

"That's what you call a drink!"

"Ginger Ale, rum," I pause finishing my drink. "And a taste of cherry." She smiles.

"I approve." She takes a bigger sip.

_______

The music cuts out all of a sudden and all attention falls on the DJ. "We have a request," he says. The opening to 'The Wobble' begins to play.

"This is my dance!" Laylani exclaims, knocking back the remnants of her drink.  She steps down off the bar stool. "Bruno, come dance!"

"I don't know it."