(34)My best friend's a vampire slayer...Did I mention I'm a vampire?

Chapter 34

Being single sucks. It used to be like a love triangle. Now it's like a love square? Does that even exist? God, with Tyler, Damien and now Kat. Ha, I probably only have Kat seeing as Damien hates me and Tyler has a new girlfriend. I love Kat's accent though. And he's really funny. The banquet ended quite a while ago. Stella is at a friends, so I'm pretty much alone in this glamorous hotel. I think I'll go swimming. I slip into my royal blue bikini and wear a pink sundress over it. It's almost midnight but I feel wide awake. Nobody is in the lobby except the watch guard guy. He tells me it's on the rooftop. Dang, Venice is pretty. The pool is so cool, but it's sort of cold so I don't get in. I lean against the railing and look over the city. I sigh. Why did my life have to be so complicated. First Damien, and now Tyler? And another sweet guy I have to worry about. Kat. A tear falls onto my cheek. I remember how both Ty and Damien had wiped them away before. I sigh again.

Somebody walks up behind me, "Pretty isn't it?"

Tyler

Good God. How the hell could Carly- oops I mean Caraline be a princess. I mean seriously. Stella was given to our family to keep her protected. Oh, and now I'm her 'bodyguard'. She won't talk to me and I'm supposed to call her 'Princess'. Wow, how stupid is that. You know how hard it is to keep a straight face when she wears a dress like that and looks so beautiful in it? Then she goes off with that Kat guy. Stupid if you ask me. Not that anybody would. I'm just a shape-shifting bodyguard.