(7)My best friend is a vampire slayer...Did I mention I'm a vampire?

Chapter 7:

Carly

"Are you kidding me? You were a jerk that night. You never once answered my texts or calls. And you know the weird thing, I'm still in love with you."

What? Damien's in love with me? "D-"

He laughs, "I'm an idiot, thinking a girl like you could ever like me."

He walks out of the theater, I can't move, breathe. I realize I'm shaking uncontrollably when the manager informs me. Jake walks out of the theater. "Can you take me home?" I choke out. When I get in the car I start crying. Again. In front of Jake. It takes years to get home. I run up the steps without saying goodbye. Aunt Ginger says I have a fever. Lucky me, I don't have to go to school and see D, or Jake. I think I'm officially depressed. Never have I felt this empty inside. I flop down on my bed, and pull out my phone. Wow, 23 texts. All from Damien.

What happened back there? - D

You ok? -D

Carly, whats did I do? Plz respond -D

His voice echos in my mind 'You never once answered my texts or calls.' He's right. I didn't. I didn't text him back, and now he's gone. Damien is gone. 'I'm still in love with you.' I don't cry anymore, what is the point. There is no point. My best friend. My only friend. Gone. The ugly word never leaves my mine. G-O-N-E. Gone. Because of me.

Damien

I drive away from the theater. Carly looked so hurt. Why do I care? Why should I care? Good questions. Too bad I have to answer them. Kyle's gonna rip my head off. First I tell her, she freaks, now she's gonna tell everybody. This just keeps getting better and better. Wonder what she's doing right now. Probably off somewhere with Jake Cooper having a great time. Why'd I have to fall for her? She's just so beautiful, and funny, and great. We've never fought before this. Why now? Why am I asking so many questions? I laugh bitterly. The questions come easily, the answers... not so much.