(6) My best friend is a vampire slayer... Did I mention I'm a vampire?

Chapter 6

Carly

'Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend." That's exactly how I feel right now. I lost a friend. After Jake asked me to the movies, he walked me to class. He made me laugh, and I felt better. But that gnawing feeling was getting to me. I had to talk to Damien. But where? How? Right now I'm getting ready for the movies. I have no idea what to wear so I decide on a purple tee, skinny jeans and my favorite Converse. I run outside to Jake's Prius, in Damien's usual spot. Everything reminds me of him. I get in the car and smile. We chat on the way to the movies. I play with my long hair. I'd been dreaming of for months, but then, D and I never fought. Even though this wasn't technically a fight, it sure felt like one. Jake is a crazy driver. I held onto the door handle the whole time. We go to an action movie. I relax, nothing here can bother me.

Damien

I went to the movies, alone of course, to clear my head. Some action movie. I don't know. It's boring, stupid, and I can't clear my head. I close my eyes. People sit down behind me. They won't shut up so I turn around, "Can you be quiet for like one minute?" I open my eyes to see Carly and Jake sitting next to each other. I stand up, shake my head, and walk out of the theater. I'm about to open the doors when I hear her.

"Damien," Carly stands five feet away from me, "Please don't go. I'm so sorry."

"What is wrong with you?"

"Wha-"

"Are you kidding me? You were a jerk that night. You never once answered my texts or calls. And you know the weird thing, I'm still in love with you."

She stares at me, wide- eyed, "D-"

I laugh, "I'm an idiot, thinking a girl like you could ever like me."

I walk out of the theater, never look back once.