My best friend is a vampire slayer... Did I mention I'm a vampire?

Chapter 5:

(Carly's P.O.V.)

Friday nights events play over and over again in my head. Jake talked to me, D and I went to the park... he told me that he hunts vampires? My headache is gone, it's still snowing. It's not as fascinating anymore. The snow is dreadful. I wish the accident never happened. I wish I was still in Hawaii, with my parents, not in some overly-busy city. Damien. Can. Not. Be. One. Of. Them. He can't; they're evil and he's so sweet. My best friend. Aunt Ginger lectures me for sulking around. Can you blame me?

Ugh. School today. Damien texted me saying he couldn't give me a ride to school. I feel depressed. I take a cab to school, and find Damien talking to his friend Kyle. Kyle waves me over, "Hey."

"Hi," I say. This is really awkward. Damien is ignoring me, "Um, I have to go to class early. So I'll see you later?"

Kyle nods, Damien looks away, "Bye."

"Bye D," my heart shatters. His emerald eyes look so sad, and hurt. I feel like I'll burst into tears at any moment. I see Jake talking to his sister, and I walk past him. Tears are welling up in my eyes. I wipe them away quickly. My life sucks big time.

(Damien)

"Bye D," Carly said before she walked away, tears filling her eyes. What is wrong with me? I sigh.

"D, you like broke her heart," my eyes still on Carly. She wipes away her tears. Her long hair sway when she walks. I see Jake run up to her, probably ask if she's ok.

"Doubt it."

"Whatever, you don't wanna be her friend, your loss," Kyle says before walking to class. Like he knew how much this hurt me.

(Jake)

Carly is walking towards the main building. It looks like she's crying. "Hey Jill, I'll be right back." I run over to her, she's wiping away her tears.

"Hey what's wrong?"

"Um, well, Damien hates me, and I don't know..."

"Oh."

"Yeah, so I have to get to class early today. Bye," she starts walking away.

"Carly?" I yell. She turns around, "Wanna go to a movie."

"Sure."