(33)My best friend is a vampire slayer...Did I mention I'm a vampire?

Chapter 33

Music starts playing. Gem keeps talking to me, her eyes gleaming. I can see how she was my best friend. She's funny and sweet; just what I want in a best friend. Kat keeps and his friends keep glancing at me. He seems, like really shy. Gemma tells me that he's just shocked that I'm back. I ask her to watch over Stella and stand up. My dress is so long I'm surprised I don't trip; I am not the most graceful vampire. People are dancing in on the 'dance floor'. It's really old fashioned and they're playing classical music. I walk over to Kat's table. He stands and all his friends stare at me. Guess girls don't usually ask guys to dance here. True, I don't ask guys to dance, but with Tyler watching me, I feel powerful, "Would you like to dance?"

He is shocked. I laugh, "Um, sure."

I smile, he has a British accent! God, I've loved guys with British accents for like ever. Tyler is glaring again, and I laugh. Kat sees him and glares back. Protective much? Both of them are. I mean I guess they both have the right, they were both at one time my boyfriend, "I take it's been awhile?"

"Yes. Very long," Good lord, that accent is killing me. Please don't tell me I'm falling for another guy. I wrap my arms around his neck. I could get lost in his eyes. His gorgeous blue eyes. What can I say? I'm a sucker for blue eyes. (Authors note: LOL I really am a sucker for blue eyes so like all my guy characters have them :-P)

"How long?"

"Way too long." We dance for a while. The adults leave for a meeting or something and just teens are left. Dang, Tyler stayed. They start playing good music. Gem and I get up and dance. We know all the songs which include Katy Perry, Colbie Caliet, We the Kings, etc. Then the best song of all time came on: Don't Stop Believin' by Journey. (hehe) I glance around for Kat and notice Tyler is dancing with a girl. So much for being on duty. I find him, "Ohmigod! I love this song!" I squeal, earning a glance from Tyler.

"Me too!" We sing along to it and dance. Kat can't sing. Sorry, but if he were on American Idol, the judges would reject him. Still, his accent is adorable singing. I laugh while he twirls me around. The Bird and the Worm comes on bye Owl City. Another favorite. 'If you're the bird, whenever we pretend it's summer then I'm the worm...' I sing along to that one too. Kat and I are talking when a familiar song comes on. I freeze. Tyler doesn't realize it's on until the chorus comes on; he's kissing the girl. Wow, he moves on fast. I shake my head at him. could cry. You belong with me by Taylor Swift plays. The song that played the night we first kissed. And now he's kissing another girl. I turn back to Kat, and grin. I'm officially single.