(25)My best friend is a vampire slayer...Did I mention I'm a vampire?

Chapter 25

Damien

I've moved back to New York permanently. I dread going back to school, facing Carly. Thank god it's only Saturday. I decided I hate Tyler. He kissed Carly. But can I blame him? I feel hatred towards everything. Except her. Carly. I lay on my bed. She's called, I don't want to answer. I know, I'm an idiot. Why I signed up for the job, I couldn't tell you. All I know is that it ruined my life. Can't believe Jillian of all people kissed me. Since when is she into me? I mean seriously. I can't get her out of my head. Shouldn't have ever told her. Maybe I would be hanging out with her right now. She's probably with Tyler. I sigh. She texts me. I want to answer her, I really do, but I can't. If she's with that idiot. No he's not an idiot he likes Carly.

Carly

"Well, he won't pick up," I sigh. I flop down next to Tyler and look into his eyes. His beautiful midnight blue eyes. I close mine. I feel so bad. Damien hasn't called yet, maybe never will. I groan. Tyler looks over at me, I can't tell if he's mad or not, "You ok?"

"Mmmhmm," he mumbles.

"Tyler, in the past week is it, I've gotten to know you," I slide closer to him and lie my head on his shoulder. He sighs and looks down at me.

"I see the way he looks at you. This guy is like in love with you, Carls, seriously."

"That's what's bugging you?"

"Yeah, you probably don't remember last night do you?"

"Trying not to."

"You don't remember," he gulps.

"What are you talking about?"

"I kissed you Carly," his face turns red. I know that. I laugh, "You think this is funny?"

"No," I say quickly, "I remember that. Of course I do." He sighs with relief, he's so weird sometimes, and wraps his arms around me. I feel so comfortable. Tyler. I forget about Damien. He won't pick up the phone. His loss. Tyler, lips brush against mine, then he kisses me. My cell phone rings. For the first time in a long time, I ignore it, and only let my mind think of Tyler. Jill was right. He did like me. I feel my face heat up, "You're blushing," he whispers in my ear. I shiver. My phone keeps ringing, "You'd better get that."

I pick up my phone. I can't believe who it is. I click talk and say slowly, "Hello?"