Chapter Five: Gryffindor!

"All fourth years, please follow me" Professor Malva announces over all the kids chatting with her smooth voice. Professor Malva is our potions teacher and is head of the Slytherin house. I guess Mccgonagal asked her to bring us into the castle. Malva gestures for the group of kids to follow her before spinning around, her pin straight black hair flowing  behind her. The silver luminous streak in the back of her hair stands out dramatically. We all follow her down Hogwarts grounds and into the main door. There we enter the corridors that lead us to the grand hall. The first thing we see is four long golden tables line up one against the others. On the ceiling, banners of the houses mascots dangle proudly along with the floating candles. All the way in the front, another long table stretches across the room horizontally where the professors take there seats. 

"You know what to do from here on, correct?" she asks, her cool silver lips pursing at us. We all nod and walk to our house tables.. Well almost all of us. Instead, the annoying irritable twit James is, walks past the Gryffindor table and moves over to the professor table. 

"James!" I hiss angrily, knitting my eyebrows together. "What do you think your doing?" 

"Seeing who the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher is" he hisses back while sneaking around, looking out for a new face. I pace over to him and quickly grab him by his robe collar, pulling him away from the trouble he would get into. 

"Aren't you the slightest bit curious?" James asks, his eyes curiously scanning around the table. 

"Of course" I say, glancing over at the table. "But you can't just go wandering about to the Professor side. Plus you have the map with you. They could easily find out.. Just keep a low profile for now". 

"Me? Keep a low profile?" James snorts, rolling his eyes. "Oh that will be the day.." 

The rest of the kids swarm inside while the first years stand up on the platform where Mcgonagall, the head master of Hogwarts, stands. 

"Please be seated" she says loudly, her voice over hearing the rest of ours. "Firstly, I'd like to welcome our new students who will now be attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry". The audience applause's politely. "Secondly, I'd like to welcome the rest of our students. I hope you all had a wonderful summer to go along with the wonderful year you will have here" she continues. Mcgonagall then turns to the first years, which includes Lily and Hugo, and nods her head. "I wish you all the best.. Professor Flitwick, may I have the Sorting Hat?" 

The little man he is, makes his way over to Mcgonagall  and hands him the brown dusty hat. "Thank you, Professor. I shall call one of you at a time, and there you will sit down. The hat will be placed on the top of your had and from there on, you will be guided.. Now, let the sorting begin!" 

Nervous first years get called quickly up to the stage where the Sorting Hat awaits. House names gets called crazily. 

"Hufflepuff!" 

"Gryffindor!" 

"Slytherin!" 

And on and on it went. When Mcgonagall called out Lily's name, everyone hushed. People whispered and pointed, realizing that is the famous Harry Potters daughter. The sorting hat murmurs to himself before hesitating. "Congratulations, Miss Potter.." he says lowly."... You may now head over to... Gryffindor!" James and I cheered wildly as Lily squeals and jumps up and down. She runs over to James first and throws her small arms around his neck, crying with joy. 

"Congrats, sis" James says happily, patting her on the back. "The family still continues as Gryffindor". Lily then pounces on me before we hear Hugo makes it as well. She then runs over to Hugo and congratulates him. Everyone is in Gryffindor.. The worrying is now gone. 

--------------

"Congratulations to all the first years" Mcgonagall says, clapping her hands proudly. "May the next seven years be the best for you.. Now, bring in the feast". 

Like magic, food appears on the table. From cinnamon buns to fudge cake, we shove every possible inch of food into our mouths. With every bite we took, more and more food appeared. Oh, how I missed Hogwarts.. Where unlimited food reappears by the second. Now that's what I call amazing. James keeps his eyes on the Professors table where an empty seat catches his attention. 

"Audrey" he says, smacking my forearm. I jump slightly which causes my cinnamon to fall out of my mouth and onto the floor. "What a perfectly good cinnamon bun gone to waist" I say disappointedly before smacking James back. He rolls his eyes and points at the empty seat. "Every teacher is here" he says. "Except for the Defense Against the Dark Arts". 

"So?" I ask, reaching out for another cinnamon bun. 

"So, what if they didn't get a new teacher? What if we get to skip the class" James says excitedly. "Or maybe he just didn't show up" I say, being realistic. "It isn't mandatory for them to come.. He probably had something to -" Before I could even finish my sentence I witness the most oddest thing. Professor Malva moves her way to the Slytherin table, plucking Scorpuis out of the group and giving him a friendly hug. "Look!" I say, pointing over to the Slytherins. "What's that about?" 

"Lucky" James grumbles to himself. "He get's the hot ones". 

Just by this comment, I drop my cinnamon bun. "Ew! She is a grown woman, James" I say, throwing my hands up in the air. "They are not dating, dimwit!" I can't help but smack him on the back of the head.. It's a worthy moment. 

James rolls his eyes and reaches over for a vanilla cupcake. "I never said they were. All I'm saying is that she is some woman". I scrunch my face up in disgust. 

"Once a pervert.. Always a pervert" I murmur to myself with a shake of my head. 

Another strange event catches my attention. The seat that was empty at the Professors table was now occupied. There sits a man with slick black long passed his shoulder length hair that is gelled way to much. He wears all black from head to toe. His pale sunken face looks like he hasn't slept in days. A deep scar etches across his face, almost all the way down. The only light part of him is his light green eyes. He holds up a crystal glass filled with deep red wine. He clashes his wine glass in cheers with Professor Amaryllis, the Transfiguration teacher as well as the head of Gryffindor. 

That man must be our new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor. And from what I could tell, he looks like a problem.