Chapter Fifteen: Giving a Hippogriff a bath.. Yeah, I said it.

"A what?" James asks, knitting his brows together. We make our way up to the Owlery, the night time wind bashing against our front and backs as we hike up the path with our hands shoved in our robe pockets. Just by the gust of wind, I can tell the seasons are changing. Soon it will be fall and that means the Halloween feast in the Grand Hall. Heavenly sweets and sugary delights will invade each golden house table. We'll all be sugar wasted and stay up all night in the Gryffindor common room, laughing and joking around. The thought makes my stomach grumble, suddenly yearning for a bit of chocolate. "A note" I sigh, tilting my head down from the hard wind. How do these owls survive up in this tornado? I wouldn't be surprised if I see baby owls being blown away up here. "Basically, a letter from no one." 

"No signature? Not even an initials?" James questions, stepping inside the Owlery. "Nope. Nothing" I say, my eyes adjusting to the darkness that surrounds us. Spotting a black owl in an almost pitch black room isn't the easiest thing, I could tell you that. "And you're going to send a letter back?" James says curiously, looking around as well. "We didn't come up here for nothing, James" I grumble, spotting two luminous eyes in the corner of the Owlery. It's hard to miss one blue eye and one silver clear eye. I leap over to Nightwing, who sits peacefully in a cubby hole, looking  comfy and bundled up. I pat Nightwing on the head, smiling sweetly, hoping this time Nightwing won't refuse to send my letter. For some reason, I'm actually eager to get a reply. Maybe they won't be such a coward and just tell me there name. Maybe it's someone I do know.

I tie the black shoe lace tightly (but not to tight) around Nightwings leg. He instantly flinches and tries to pull it off with his pointed beak. "No, Nightwing. You have to deliver this letter" I order, caressing the owls raven feathers. Nightwing hoots angrily and stands up on both his hind legs. He gives me a weird look and begins to flap his feathers, pushes out of the cubby hole, and out a large window. Nightwing soars into the open air, almost looking as if he is enjoying it. "That grubby old thing is Nightwing?" James snickers, my owl, Lyle,  perched up on his shoulder. I begin to pet Lyle sympathetically, apologizing in my mind about how Mel wouldn't let me keep him around when the other kids where in the orphanage. Lyle makes a gentle cocking sound and pitches his head to the side with a drawn out hoot. 

"So let me get this straight..." James begins, walking up to the large open window that sends a gust of air straight towards us. "Whoever wrote you the note says you shouldn't go outside because something dangerous is here?" He tries to mute out the sarcasm, but obviously fails. "Basically, yeah" I answer, striding up to the large window as well. 

"But what about tomorrow and the whole plan? Are you gonna go?" 

"Of course" I say a bit to slowly. "I said yes, so I have to". 

"You don't have to do anything" James says with a shrug. 

"But I want to" I protest, watching Lyle glide around in the darkness. "A yes is a yes. Besides, I don't want to miss anything." 

James rolls his eyes and gives me a look. "C'mon, Audrey. Whoever sent that obviously knows something we don't. I'm starting to second guess..." 

"You?" I say skeptically. "Second guess? Since when does James Potter second guess himself?" 

"Eh..." he replies, "when it comes to the safety of my friends, I become skeptical." 

"My safety is fine, James. I'm at Hogwarts - nothing can hurt me here." 

"So you say" James mumbles. "Things happen around here all the time. It's just that we don't even notice. My father told me a bunch of stories -" 

"Your father..?" a new voice spats in disgust. Oh, yes.. But oh, no. Him. Scorpuis strides over to us, this time empty handed without his snobbish gang. He looks much different without them by his side.. Almost normal looking. But the platinum blonde hair ruins it all. I really should give him a tip on dying his hair, even though he'll never consider. The blonde runs through his sick family. "The boy who lived... Then died... Then lived again?" Scorpuis snickers, leaning against a large pillar that holds up the ceiling of the Owlery. "All rubbish if you ask me." I can hear James's hands balling up into tight fist. He grinds his teeth together, looking like he's about to pounce.