Chapter Nineteen: The Truth Behind His Story

My mouth slowly drops open, and soon enough, I find myself moving backwards, far away from him as possible. James watches carefully, his eyes narrowed dangerously, looking as if he's trying to find an escape route. Albus looks absolutely traumatized, the snake binding his legs together baring her fangs and hissing loudly. Rose and Teddy are no where to be found. The followers surrounding the ghostly figure of Voldemort close in on us, all of them with the same determined expression. "I'm...what are you...I-I... I'm NOT you!" I manage to say, not sure of how to put what I feel into words. What is he talking about? James glances from me to Albus, looking all the more confused. 

"Who are you talking to?" James whispers through the side of his mouth, his eyebrows furrowed into one. "What do you mean, who am I talking to?" I hiss, gulping down thickly. "He's...He's...talking!" 

James blinks cluelessly before beaming around. "Those creatures... are gone. Who's talking to you?" I shoot a deadly glare at James, having a strong urge to just push him into Voldemort and show he is talking. "Him! V-Vo... You Know Who" I urge, pointing at the misted being a few feet away from us. A sudden bark of laughter erupts in my mind, every single one of his followers begin to cackle at me in a mocking way. James looks from me to him, still not sure of what to say. "He's not talking... No one's talking, Audrey" he says pleadingly. 

"What - yes he is! James, their laughing!" I shout, pointing at all the people surrounding him. 

"No, no their not" James says in a hushed voice, not daring to challenge my shouting. I stare at him with wide eyes, almost looking like a mad person. "Are you serious right now! ...STOP LAUGHING!" I viciously yell, now ignoring James. He's no help, neither is Albus. My attempts only cause them to laugh louder in the mocking way, each and everyone of them glaring and snorting and whispering to one another like grade school kids. 

"Oh, but you are..." his cold voice hisses through my mind, making my head swim. His mouth stays stitched shut, the booming laughter still echoing in my mind. James attempts to move over to Albus, muttering something under his breath to him. 

"What are you talking about?!" I growl aloud, my fingers slowly curling into balled up fist. He's a ghost... He can't do much. If Harry Potter took down Voldemort, I can too... right? Before Voldemort could begin, to shadowy figures emerge from a patch of nearby bushes. The lady with obsessive laughing and the man with murky eyes return, a satisfied smirk playing across their thin sunken faces. "My Lord, I have disposed of the blood traitors.." the woman says smoothly, rearing up by his side. Voldemort simply nodded once, his scarlet eyes now boring into mine. 

"I'd like to share a little story of mine, youth" Voldemort whispered, his voice still not heard from the others. "Just between me and you, now... where must I begin..." Without any confirmation, Voldemort turned his misty figure around, raised his wand, gave it a little twitch, and watched as his followers disappeared instantly. All of them looked as if they faded into the air. Next, he turns to Albus and James who were struggling around with the snake.  "Nagini, my snake..." he hisses sourly. The snake stops hissing and stares up at her master, instantly releasing Albus and slithering to her owner. 

"Slist ez tu sees ees su"  Voldemort says sharply, the language he speaks making no sense what so ever. The snake, to my surprise, nodded its head, as if obeying and shot its long majestic body at both Albus and James. Right when the snake seized the boys, they disappeared, just like his followers, leaving me and him alone in the Forbidden Forest. He turns to me, his misted form becoming murkier. 

"My story will now begin... You see Audrey, my mother was a witch... An untalented disgrace whom had not had an admirer... Or a lover is you wish. She had tried, yet failed in the process. One day, she stirred up a love potion...She fancied a muggle man who would not give her the time of day... When the potion was brewed, she gave it to him... Just a drop and he fell in love with her...Yes, love I daresay" he gave a threatening glare by the mention of his father. I stayed quiet, my ears widely open, listening intently. 

"It was only then until they had a baby... Me. My mother felt that she had experienced true love and decided to spill her little secret... Love it was not... My father left her just as fast as he fell for her... He abadoned us... After time, my father fell in love without a potion to a woman named Aryette Lomar... She happened to be a witch. They married, reproduced and had two children... One boy and one girl..." 

"When I grew older, I learned of this... I murdered all of them... Mother, father, my fathers new wife, there daughter... everyone... except one. My fathers other son, Philip, had made it through. I failed to retrieve him... I had been on the look out for him, you see... Later on, Philip reproduced with a witch and after that, his children had their own children... Who, to my interest, are your parents..." 

My jaw drops open with a bang. Every being in my body freezes, my skin draining of color and life, making me look as pale as Voldemort. 

"Surprising, isn't it?" he says in a hushed undertone, "Your parents, you see, are were and still are very talented young beings... They supported me, and I gladly accepted them as my followers... I had not a clue they were my descendants until I found out the name they carry... My last name..." 

"Y-your last name is... Riddle?" I shakily ask, the blood in my body refusing to circulate. 

"Was, my descendant, was..." he retorts calmly. "I did not kill them, no, I still accepted them...They were to noble and gifted to abadon...Then they had you... Pure blooded and strong, noble and talented... You are me... Your father was sent away to Azkaban, while your mother was sent on a task which she failed to succeed... She remains unfound..." 

None of this is processing correctly. Nothing at all. Questions and wonders swim around in my brain. My mind feels like an spilling glass... To much information in one, I just can't handle. This... None of this seems right... But in a way, it makes sense... It is true my father is in Azkaban... No one knows, accept for me. Drowsiness pulls me under, suffocating me in darkness... 

"Now I ask for your assistance... The blood of my descendant... The soul of my link... The heart of my follower... I shall reborn and begin on what I left off..." 

"What - ? No... No you and your little gang aren't coming back... I won't help.. No" I begin to stutter left and right, jumbling my words like a foreigner. "Neither James or...or Albus"

"Oh, my descendant, but you will..." Voldemort says softly, his murky figure slowly fading into the air.

"Wait... The blood is me... The link is James? ...and the follower? Who is the follower?" 

"The only remaining follower I may have left who is alive..." he whispers quietly.. "One of my noble Malfoys... Scorpuis Malfoy..." 

The figure whisps away in thin air. The darkness of his cloak is only left visible, but in a matter of time, it drifts away. But with his threatening words and his cold icy voice, it feels as if his presence remains. All the questions and wonders filter away, leaving only one thought plastered in my mind. 

Scorpuis Malfoy...