Chapter Twenty: Witnessing Hell

My first instinct is to run... Run and find James, Albus, Teddy and Rose. Where they vanished to is beyond me, but I have no other choice. I'm not just going to run back to the castle without them. I inhale a deep, fearful breath and shake my head. Snap our of it, Audrey I think to myself assuringly. He's just trying to scare you.. He's dead.. He's all talk. I gather up all my courage and make a clear brake for it. Pushing my way forcefully through the trees and bushes, I debate on whether I should shout for them or keep quiet and search independently. Shouting would draw attention to Hogwarts Grounds. Next thing I know, I'll be the next trending topic through out the school. 

As I run, I notice the Gryffindor tie still clutched in a firm grip in my hand. Who ever this belongs to obviously ran into Voldemort and his little ghostly crew. Plus those gruesome soul snatchers that just happened to summon their master. At the moment, my head is spinning and I can barley chose from right to left. Nothing is making sense to me anymore... I can barley remember my own name. It feels as if I was awaken from a disgraceful trance. My walk is turning into a limp, and soon enough, I'm leaning on trees for support. Being in the forest alone at the pitch of night also adds to the pile of problems... Especially when their are ghosts of the past roaming around. Oh, and lets not forget the rumored werewolves, giant spiders and centaurs. 

"JAMES!" I call out desperately, edging my way into different directions, branches and twigs slamming into my face. "ROSE, TEDDY, ALBUS!" I continue on, my voice transforming into a croak. "Guys! Guys - where did they take you!?" I pant heavily, my eyes peering wildly like a hawk, in search for my prey. Well in this case, my beloved best friends. Glancing up at the sky, I notice the moon is at its full stage. Werewolves around here must be having a ball.The stars twinkle down above me, providing a limited amount of light. I pat myself down frantically, now in search for my wand. Grasping it quickly out of my robe pocket, I mutter "Lumos!" as a tiny bulb of light erupts at the tip of my wand. I suddenly come to a halt, racking through my mind, wondering if there was a spell to track down someone. 

"James! Teddy! ROSE! ALBUS!" I boom desperately, failing on thinking of a spell. A sudden sound caught my attention. From a mere distance, a high pitched scream echoed around me. "Huh? ...Rose... ROSE!" I scream aloud, running the sounds direction. I speed down the forest, deeper in it then before. I swiftly jump over broken logs and duck under large branches. The scream echos loudly again, this time louder and more horrified, sounding like a males scream. "That's Teddy..." I murmur urgently to myself, holding my wand out in front of me. "Teddy... TEDDY! WHERE ARE YOU!?" No response. Not a scream or shout but just dead silence. 

Black silky smoke swiftly passes me, my hair blowing beside me. I stand bravely, ready for whatever comes at me. The black silk disappears in mid air, leaving mist and a stale smell. Without looking back, I fiercly bolt away, nervously looking around. Another sight of silky substance catches my attention. I could of swore it was beside me. I find myself running a bit faster, my wand now slipping through my sweaty hand. The black mist follows me on either side, a quiet echo of the mad ladys laugh surrounding me. "Get away from me!" I bellow loudly, making a sharp right. A deadly black swirl comes before me, and there standing proudly is the man with rusty gray eyes. He grins maliciously, wand at the ready and glares, waiting for my first move. 

"Stupefy!" I scream, a bolot of blue light shooting out of my wand, hitting the ghostified man directly in the chest. He stares wide eyed before being thrown back, stunned to the bone. I can't help but grin to myself. That was pretty cool... 

Another black misted figure swirls down on me, then another. They shout two different spells, blue and red lights spatting out of each wand. I swiftly duck and cover while continuing to run. The spells hit one another, causing each spell to bounce back at their owner. Both figures are thrown back into the darkness. Wow, if I knew these guys were going to be that bad then I would just stood back and fought. 

"ROSE! TEDDY! SAY SOMETHING IF YOU HERE!" I yell over the zapping of spell coming my way. A high pitched dramatic screams as loud as a boom box in my ear. I slap my hand over my ears and beam around, yet no one but those ghost figures are here. The scream screeches again.. and thats when I realize.. the scream is coming from the ground. I instantly drop to my knees, bending over, placing my ear to the ground. The screams are at their loudest and clearly understandable. 

"AUDREY!" Rose cries, her intense sobs being able to heard. 

"Guys! Guys! I can hear you!" I screech, pounding my fist to the ground. 

"Audrey! Audrey, is that you?!" Albus' voice muffles through the dirt ground. My face is eagerly flattened on the ground, completely forgetting Voldemorts crew is after me. "Yes, its me Albus!" I say in disbelief, my voice cracking. I pound the floor as vibrations from pounding on the other side sends pure adrenaline to shoot through my body. "Wh-where are you guys?" 

"Underground!" James voice rings in my ears. "Buried... All seperated... Do spell". His words come out like a muffled mix match of words. I kick myself up and point my wand at the floor before shouting "Impedimenta!" All that was visible was a bright red light and a loud banging sound. The dirt blows up, creating a large crater. Inside the crater, James and Rose lay face forward, their clothing ripped up, almost covering no skin. 

"JAMES! ROSE!" I scream loudly, instantly running over to them. Rose pounces up, her robes tattered and torn, her hair filled with twigs and dirt. "Audrey!" she gasps, coughing huskily. I pounce on top of her, squeezing her like a human orange. I then push away when I hear her let out a small whimper. We both find ourselves gazing down at the immobile James. "W-whats wrong with him?" I mutter, sinking down to my knees once again. Rose gives a little and sits beside me, wiping back tears. I nudge James in the shoulder. No response. 

"James...?" I whimper helplessly, now completely shaking the life out of him. He suddenly erupts in a long drawn out groan before rolling over on his side, facing us. Rose squeaks and bends over him, drawing him into a hug. James groans again, this time painfilled mixed with anger. Rose lets go of him, all except his hand in which she holds onto tightly. My eyes instantly lighten up just by the sight of him. He beams at me a little woozily. I reach out and squeeze him just like I did to Rose. His hands slither to my back as he presses himself against me just as hard. His warm breath tickles my ear while he whispers, 

"I saw Hell."