Chapter Two: Aboard

"We? No way.. you have the Marauder's Map" I say, pushing the map away from my grasp. James gives me one of those 'are you serious' looks before folding up the parchment and sliding it  back in his jean pocket. "I didn't get this map for nothing" he says. "You're always complaining about how every year is the same. The Marauder's Map can change it all". 

Is James serious right now? I am now totally regretting my occasional complaints. 

"I'm sure it can.. Too bad I won't ever know..I refuse to use it" I protest. "That thing could get us expelled; how did you even get the map in the first place?". James slowly sinks his teeth in his bottom lip nervously before responding. "It wasn't the easiest thing to accomplish. I almost got caught by my father". 

"Which you should of.." I murmur to myself. One thing James is a master at is sneaking things around. No matter where he is or what he is doing, he never get's caught. He could slip out of Potions class and our Professor wouldn't even take notice. If I, on the other hand, attempted to do something as dangerous as that, I would be sitting in detention with my head held in my hands.

"Hey, don't get all snappy. I got this map for us."

"Well I don't want any part of it" I say, shifting my eyes from side to side. "I am not using it."

"Keep telling yourself that. One way or another, you'll end up using it" James says as if it is obvious. "Besides, you'll be with me. When do I ever get caught?" 

I open my mouth to respond, yet hesitate for a long moment. It is true.. He never get's caught. "Fine" I say through gritted teeth. "Just don't be so sure of yourself".

James holds up his hands in surrender before brushing past me to aboard the Hogwarts express. He waves innocently to his parent's through the small windows. I also do my share and wave politely. Afterwards, me and Jame's make our way down the train, in search for an empty cabin. I peek in each window, keeping an extra eye open. 

"James! Over here" a familiar distant voice yells from across the train. I turn around in curiosity, noticing Ablus Potter, James younger brother, sticking his head out of a cabin door while ushering him over. Jame's nods his head for me to follow, his facial expression clearly annoyed by his brother. 

I enter the cabin with a small smile quivering at my lips. On the right, Ablus and his cousin Rose sit together. On the left, Lily and Hugo chat with one another. By the way they chat fast, I could tell they are more then excited. I also am not surprised Albus and Rose are together. If they weren't cousins, I would mistaken them as a couple. 

"How'd you get a cabin? All of them are filled" James says, plopping his body down next to Albus. I slip my body next to Lily, who gasps when she notices my presence. "Audrey!" she squeals, her dark eyes lightening up with excitement. 

"My first year.." she says, clapping her hands together. "My first year at Hogwarts!" 

I open my arms for her, giving her a long embrace. "So I've heard - are you excited?" I ask, smiling the brightest I've had all summer. Lily is one of kids who you just can't deny. She is adorable as well as intelligent. I wouldn't be surprised to see her ending up in either Ravenclaw or Gryffindor. 

Lily's eyes sparkle with happiness and nods her head as if she is having a massive sugar rush. "Oh boy, I am. This is Hugo's first year too". 

"Right" I say, flashing Hugo a warm smile. His face flusters into a light pink as if blushing and looks away shyly. I wasn't expecting anything less. Hugo is shy when it come's to me.. Why? I have no idea. Other than his severe case of being antisocial, he is a great kid. The only person he really has a full out conversation with is Lily. 

The train suddenly jolts forward, causing all of us to be pushed forward. The train must be on it's way to Hogwarts.

"We're leaving!" Lily cries while pushing herself off the velvet train seat, moving over to the window. "Finally" James mutters in the background. 

Ablus joins Lily, both of them sticking their hands out the window to wave good bye to their family. All the kids begin to do the same. Rose and Hugo join in while James kicks his feet up on the seat, laying down. "No more goodbyes to your parents?" I ask him. 

James waves a careless hand along with shrugging his shoulders. "It's not like we're leaving them forever. I'll see them on Christmas - if not sooner". 

The thought of Christmas sends a sickening feeling to erupt in my stomach. Christmas was and still isn't the best holiday for me. Twice I had to spend Christmas alone in Hogwarts with a few other kids - kids I didn't even know. They were much older than me and had no intention what so ever to even wish me a Merry Christmas. From the way they talked with one another, I could tell they were in Slytherin. I remember waking up late that morning. What was the point in waking up early when no presents were for me? I trudged my way down to the Gryffindor common room where I found two wrapped gifts.. For me. Back at the orphanage, Mel would search in the attic and find used or worn out items and call them Christmas gifts. I was conflicted at first, not sure who had bought me a gift. I picked up the first package, reading a small note attached to it. It was from Lily and Hugo. I unwrapped the small gift, eager to see what's inside. My heart flopped with love. Inside the small package was 'Bearny Bots Every Flavored Beans'.. My favorite. I was thankful as well as happy I have received something. 

Plopping a jelly bean in my mouth, I reached out for my other gift. The jelly bean exploded with an odd flavor. It had the taste of sweet honey and marshmellow's. I read the note on the next package slowly. It was from Albus, Lily and the one and only, James. It read.. 

'To the best witch we know! Merry Christmas! From your second family, James, Lily and Albus'

I couldn't help but smile. I love all of them.. Really. They really do feel like my family. I opened up the package, unwrapping the paper around it carefully. Inside a slim box was a Cheating Quill. Their was a note at the bottom of the box. 

'We fought over what to get you.. Of course James got he wanted. I highly disapprove of this gift. If you get in trouble with this, do not blame me! This is all Jame's doing!' 

-Albus

An amused laugh slips out of my lips as I read the note over and over. I placed the cap on the box before putting it down. Oh, how much I love all them. 

                  ~*~*~*~*~*~

I roll my eyes by Jame's comment before glancing out the window. The train station was now out of sight. Taking it's place is a green field filled with nothing but grass and a couple of tree's. Lily and Hugo sit back down while Rose continues to stare out the window. 

"I'm going to miss them" she murmurs to I'm guessing herself. Albus shake's his head, grabs Rose by the shoulder, and gives her a warm smile. "You'll see them soon. You can always send them mail". 

"I guess so.. We do have owls for a reason" Rose replies, pushing herself away from the window. She takes a glance at all of us before swinging her pony tail to the side. "I'm going to find the candy trolley. Anyone wan't anything while I'm gone?" 

James automatically shoots his hand up. "Can you get me a couple of chocolate frogs? Along with 3.. 4 packs of every flavored jelly beans?" 

Rose scrunches her nose in disgust. "All of that.. for you? Talk about over weight" she giggles, sliding open the cabin door. "Anything else for anyone?" 

"I'll have a pack of Fizzing Wizzbees" Albus says, holding up his hand. Rose nods her head and spins around, making her way out of the cabin. Rose accidentally slams into a boys chest when she steps out. She gasps and glances up at the boy. 

"Watch it, Weasley" a deep voice sneers in disgust. "Or should I call you ginger?" 

Only one boy with such an attitude would say something that dreadful. 

The one and only idiot himself...Scorpuis Malfoy.