Chapter Eight: Never Doubt James... Ever.

"May I have your attention please" Professor Malva says over the crowd of chattering kids. The class soon becomes strictly silent, allowing Professor Malva to begin. "Today we will be learning about the Polyjuice Potion - now can anyone tell me what this potion is capable of doing?" She claps her hands together and begins to scan the rows of blank faces with her bright golden eyes. "Anyone? Anyone at all?" 

A hand slowly raises up at the far left corner. Renne Pinston, a Slytherin, holds up her hand confidently. "Yes, Renne" Malva nods, gesturing for Renne to begin. "The Polyjuice Potion is capable of transforming a person into another by drinking it" Renne begins. "I've heard this Potion is one of the hardest to brew and requires many ingredients. One mistake and who knows what would happen to the person". 

"Very good" Professor Malva responds, a small smile lifting the corners of her lips. "The Polyjuice potion is very complex and isn't used very often. It takes about a months worth of brewing time and by personal experience, it is not something you want to taste." Professor Malva  continues on with her lesson about The Polyjuice potion and it's complex nature. My mind soon drifts away to what happened this morning. Last night, I fell straight asleep on one of the common room couches yet ended up snug in my four poster bed. The multiple red and gold blankets were tucked around me and my pillows felt as if they have been fluffed. I asked Senna who brought me up to bed earlier, but she had no clue either. 

After stretching my limbs and climbing out of my bed, I groomed by hair and threw on my black robes with the Gryffindor sign on it. I then slipped my red and gold tie on and grabbed my schedule to check what my first class was. Ignoring the rest of my schedule, I scanned it over to see when I had Defense Against the Dark Arts today. Of course it is the last class I have and is right before dinner. Then, I headed down the swirled staircase and met up with Albus who I ate a large breakfast with. Finally, James came rushing through the doors, two minutes before Potions Class began, excusing himself because he woke up late. Scorpuis sure had a laugh since James had a smear of blue tooth paste across his cheek along with his robes inside out. When I finally set Scorpuis straight, he shut his mouth and didn't laugh again. 

"We are going to make the Polyjuice Potion in class to demonstrate the qualities this potion shares" Professor Malva says, breaking me away from my thoughts. "The only way you kids will learn about the potion is if you experience the potion itself". And with that, the bell at the top of Hogwarts tallest tower bangs loudly, indicating that class is over. Kids sit up from their stools and grab there bundles of parchment along with their quills and head out of the classroom. I grab my belongings and stride over tiredly to James, who is trying to fix his robes in an unfashioned manner. "Still coming in late?" I ask, my book of parchment pressing to my chest. "As if last year wasn't enough.. You're going to serve even more detention." James grumbles something under his breath and knots his tie together. "I slept in late, that's all. I can't help it". 

Both me and James scurried down the crowded corridors and outside onto Hogwarts grounds. We both have Herbology next - which we are not looking forward too. My best subject is Defense Against the Dark Arts along with Transfiguration. Professor Amaryllis says that I have a bright future ahead and said I might even turn out to be an Animagus. On the other hand, my worst subjects are Herbology and Divination. I find both of those subjects useless. I hold not one psychic being in me and for the plants? Who cares. 

With time to spare, me and James walk slowly down the hills of grass and bushes. "When's the first Quidditch game?" I ask curiously, glancing over at James. James plays on the Gryffindor Quidditch team along with his brother, Albus. James is a Beater while Albus is the teams Seeker. "In two days" James says excitedly, flashing a wide smile. "We're against Slytherin. I can't wait to knock that bloody Malfoy right off his broom". I can't help but laugh under my breath. "That would be some game" I snicker, picturing it in my head. "Just imagine Malfoy falling straight off his broom and landing straight on his arse. The crowd would burst into laughter". 

"I'd like to see you try, Potter" a voice sneers from behind. We both spin around to face Scorpuis with his crew of three boys beside him. The first one, Howard Shrensteen, is regular heights with an unusally large pointed nose. His hair is muddy red and his pimples stand out along with his uneven teeth. Then there's Jagrus Grindle, a overly self centered snob just like Malfoy. He used to be my friend in my first year of Hogwarts. That all changed when Scorpuis came along. Jagrus was actually nice, even sweet if I say so myself. Scorpuis transformed him into a complete snob. Jagrus's messy black hair matches perfectly with his silver eyes. He stands tall beside Scorpuis, his arms crossed tightly over his chest. Behind Scorpuis is Greston Walan, a smaller, scrawnier boy who's hair is so blond, it almost looks white - just like Scorpuis. 

"Doubting me, huh?" James says, standing up to Scorpuis and his crew of dimwits. Scorpuis shrugs a careless shoulder and nods his head. "Why wouldn't I? You may just be the worst Quidditch player that has ever flown on that field" Scorpuis growls. James rolls his eyes and steps forward. "You're so bloody bad, your trying to make yourself feel better by doubting me - ridiculous". 

"The only thing  ridiculous  here is you" Jagrus grumbles, stepping forward. Scorpuis's lips form into a sinister smirk, his chin held high. 

James narrows his eyes challengingly and shrugs. "Just watch" he spits out proudly to all of them. "Your whole lot won't be able to talk when your broom sticks are shoved up your -" 

I grab James by his shoulder and pull him away. "Calm down, James" I mutter, pushing him away from Malfoy and his nasty gang. "Don't let them get to you." James growls angrily and shoots an annoyed glare from over his shoulder before walking silently to Herbology. 

-------------------

The fourth green house stands peacefully as the plants soak up the morning sun. The sun's rays shine through the roof top of the green house, causing the room to get hot. Professor Longbottom steps in the green house and greets us politely. "How was everyone's summer?" he asks, his messy brown hair covering his eyes. Everyone nods their heads and reply with a 'good' or 'awesome'. "Glad to hear everyone's summer was good. Now, before we begin the first lesson, I'd like you to look over to the left". Every head shifts to the right. A bin filled with potted Fanged Geranium move around from side to side, growling at us with vicious teeth. A Hufflepuff girl raises her hand nervously and points at the bin. "Um, Professor Longbottom.. Are we going to have to -er- ...re-pot them?" 

"Of course!" Professor Longbottom says enthusiastically. 

Herbology goes by slower than usual. We re potted the Fanged Geranium, which bit me a good nine times. My fingers look scarred and bitten to the bone. James even got a good amount of bites - one even on his nose. The green house gets more humid, causing every girls hair in the room to blow up into the ultimate puff. After getting bitten several times, Herbology ended. With a breath of relief, I fly out of the green house and over to James. 

"Look - at - my - hands" I growl angrily, wiggling my bitten fingers. 

"Pssht, not even. Look at my nose" James laughs, pointing up at his bitten nose. "I'm gonna play Malfoy with a bitten nose -"

"AUDREY! JAMES!" a voice howls from behind. I spin around seeing Lily hurrying over to me and James. "Huh? What's wrong?" I ask, worrying spreading across my face. 

"Albus.." she says breathlessly "..He.. got in trouble... with.. something called the Marauder's Map".