Destined Couple ~The End~

The red soles of his laced boots beat against the ground as your body slowly fell back, your arms falling loosely at your side. His body disappeared into a group of transparent, blue crystals, reappearing as your body made contact with his arms.

"f-n, don't you dare die on me so soon." He pleaded, watery tears threatening to spill from his eyes.
Your empty eyes locked with his attractive, blue hues, making you sigh quietly.

"Your eyes always were my favorite thing about you..." Your voice trailed off, your fingers slowly tracing his jawline.

"Never lose sight of who you're meant to be Noctis." You say softly, making Noctis' heart constrict in guilt.

"Prompto, hold her." His feet quickly rushed over to your side, crouching down next to his best friend. Prompto's arms supported your figure, gazing up worriedly at Noctis as he rose from the ground with an unpleasant expression, sending a shiver up his spine.

"N-Noct, what are you doing?" Prompto asked worriedly, noticing a faint outline of a weapon starting to form in his right hand.

"Ending this war." Noctis suddenly leapt up, ready to deliver a slash as gravity pulled him back down. A burst of blue appeared in front of Iedolas protectively, Nyx' daggers clashing against Noctis' engine sword.

"Get out of the way."

"No. Have you forgotten everything your father has taught you?" Nyx says, pushing Noctis away.

"You have no right to speak to me that way. You know nothing about me." Noctis growled between barred teeth, the grip on the hilt of his sword tightening.

"Enough! Nyx, escort Iedolas to the meeting room in the palace."

"But your Majesty he-" "Please do me this favor Nyx." King Regis interrupted. Nyx exhaled deeply, bowing before the king as he lead Iedolas back.

"My son, when have I taught you to be so merciless and ruthless towards your enemies?" King Regis asked.

"I was only following what I was told."

"What you were told? To murder the semi-ruler of the Niflheim empire? Violence is never the answer." His wise words made Noctis avert his gaze away, releasing his sword as it sprung into crystals.

King Regis hobbled towards you, where you were being held by Prompto. You felt his fingers stroke your bangs away to the side, a sad smile worn on his face.

"Thank you for taking care of my son, despite the suffering you faced when making the decision." You breathed heavily through your lips, reminiscing in the past as a van drove up beside all of you, carefully placing you on a stretcher.

A loud shriek that could escaped your lips as you were crouched down in a corner, clawing your nails into your scalp as pain started to flood your brain.

"P-Please help me, King Regis." You begged, gritting your teeth as the pain worsened.
You were embraced into his arms, burying your head into his shoulder.

"What is the matter child?"

"I-I can't do it. Every time I persuade myself to accept the task, my heart starts tightening in pain as if it was warning me of something." You explained, gazing at King Regis' frail face. The barrier truly was taking a toll on the king's life span. Two months ago, his hair had no sign or hair of gray. Now, his hair reaching down to his scruffy beard was a mixture of grey and white. He wrapped an arm around your waist, supporting you as he headed towards the mage's lair.

"I've seen many visions and powerful sermons in my life, but hers is truly hell." The mage commented as her palms were emitting a bright light, allowing access to your mind. The spell could see through the most abstract of visions or signs, able to read out the true intentions.