Welcome to the Group

You hug Prompto back tightly, silently thanking Etro that nothing bad happened to him. You actually believed that he may have been one of the thousands to be killed by one of the Nifs. Yet gloriously, he stood in front of you with his signature grin that encouraged you to smile back at him.

"f-f-n, I thought you died." He whispers softly, stroking your cheek his thumb.

"Well I'm here now, so stop moping around." You joke around with a grin, cupping his freckled cheeks softly in your palms.

You pull down your hood, revealing your face, a light scar noticeable on your left cheek.

He gives a smile in return, spinning around towards the puzzled prince.

"Noct, meet f-n! She's been a friend of mine through the ages!" He introduces, wrapping his arms around your shoulders.

"Close friend? Is she secretly your girlfriend Prom?" Noctis questions, crossing his arms with a playful smirk.

"What! We're just friends!" Both you and Prompto yell in unison.

Noctis chuckles, "Alright, I guess your not then." He admits.

You breathe out deeply, surprised at the casual, laid-back tone of the prince.

"Anyway, name is N-" you interrupt him, " Prince Noctis, I know. Your dad has told me all about you."

"Y-You know my dad!? How is he?" He asks with a surprised expression.

"Er, he's fine. I can definitely confirm that he isn't dead." You reassure.

An audible sigh slips past his lips, muttering, "Thank goodness."

"Oh! I can finally introduce you Iggy and Gladio!" Prompto exclaims, pulling you a bit roughly by the arm out of excitement.

"Urgh, Prompto slow down. I was just in a fight. I could ask for a little breather." You comment, your arms aching and throbbing from the battle.

"Oh sorry, well I'll show you the way." Prompto says. He runs ahead of you and Noctis, gesturing with a hand to follow.

"Sorry about tackling you earlier." Noctis mumbles, rubbing the back of his neck with an averted gaze, unable to look you straight in the eye.

"It's fine Prince Noctis, I'm not some fragile girl that can be easily broken." You reply.

"Guess that doesn't mean you're a damsel in distress type of girl then." He comments with amusement.

"I guess you could say that." You admit, shyly scratching your cheek. To be fair, you kinda felt awkward talking so, friendly, with a prince. You always thought that all princes were stuck up snobs, by your experiences with them. He seemed to act differently, much kinder in addition.

"Also f-n, just call me Noct from now on."

"Okay, N-Noct." You say, trying to get comfortable with saying his nickname, unlike the first time you met him.

"Can you at least try not to sound uncomfortable when saying my name?" Noctis remarks, turning his head towards you.

"S-Sorry." You stutter out, seeing him in the corner of your eye, watching you with his deep, blue eyes.

The three of you wandered past the bustling forests crowded with sabertusks, shielding your eyes with your arm as the bright sun beamed down on all three of you. You were perched on top of a flat surface of a rock, camping equipment laid down across the ground. A bellow of a Catoblepas pierced the tranquil atmosphere, its elongated head elevating from the surface of the crystal lake reaching towards the horizon across the grassy plain.