Unusual Feelings

Your teeth clenched together, feeling the soles of your shoes grind against the brown dirt underneath your weight. Sparks flew from either of your metal bladed weapons, burning hatred swirling in your hues. She twirled back airborn, whirling her spear in her metal clad fingers. She dove spear first towards you, being left untouched as you deflected it with your sword. It was only a trial of strength, dodging and initiating uncoordinated attacks on either person.

You pant tiredly, already feeling fatigue wash over your body. She looks at you with a smirk, twirling her spear tauntingly. "Is someone getting tired already? I thought you were special?" Aranea says in a mocking tone. You growled behind barred teeth, sprinting towards her figure. Her eyes rolled beneath her helmet, automatically believing it was another boring attack when suddenly you vanished into thin white crystals. Aranea's eyes widened slightly in bewilderment, spinning on her heel for any source or sound of you. It was too late for her to react as something sharp and cold pierced her chest.

Her focused gaze wavered, seeing the blood stained sword embedded right through her chest. A soft giggle slipped passed her crimson lips, feeling her energy drain as she casted a small blaze of fire. You yelped back in reaction, scolding your hand from the burning flames. Aranea leapt into the air, her figure disappeared over the thick treetops of the forest. As the flames began to diminish, a small paper was left in her place. You slowly reached down to retrieve the item, flipping over the paper to see Noctis and Regis standing side by side with grins across their faces. A large red x was crossed over King Regis' figure, a circle around the Crown Prince.

You crumple the small picture, tears escaping your eyes. 'Did they already kill off King Regis already? What will Noctis think? What should I tell him?' Many questions overflowed your brain, causing you to tremble. King Regis was the closest thing you had to a caring, loving father. He was so kind to you when two of you finally arrived at Insomnia. He was generous enough to give you your own room, train you on how to maintain your powers and would constantly speak with you despite all the tiresome meetings he was required to attend.

"f-n! There you are. We only left to check something, but we bumped into some Magiteks an- hey what's wrong?" You hear Prompto call out from behind you. You swiftly turn around, meeting bright, blue eyes filled with panic. You break off into a dash, colliding with his lean chest, enveloping your arms around his neck. He yelps as you tackle him, his expression averting into a blank stare, hearing quiet sobs escape from your lips. Prompto rubs your back in comforting manner, while gliding his fingers through your h-c (hair color) locks.

He pulls away from you, each of his hands grabbing onto your shoulders.

"f-n, I want you to tell me what exactly happened when we left." He says. You briefly explain how you fought with Aranea and when she fled, the picture was left in her place. You handed him the photo, noticing how his eyes briefly examined the picture intently.

Prompto sighs before saying, "Don't worry f-n. They're only trying to shake you up. They want to strike fear into your heart so you'll give up on protecting Noct."

"I see." You reply quietly.

"My f-n won't give up that easily will she?" He questions as he uses his index and thumb finger to tilt your head upward, meeting his azure eyes.

"No. I made a promise and I never break them." You say with a small, yet confident smile. Your heart now was brought a new courage and inspiration to protect the prince. What you didn't know were a certain pair of eyes who could foresee expiring souls watching you discreetly amidst the nearby forest.

Time Skip *Night Time*
You gaze at the flickering campfire, your eyesight never wavering as a sentry, scouting the twilight skies. You breathe deeply, inhaling the chilly air, breathing out white, mini clouds through your mouth. Your ears perk up, hearing a strange sound echo through the silence. You tense up, jumping to your feet with your summoned bow and arrow drawn back on the string. Your body immediately relaxes, seeing Noctis crawling out of his tent with drowsy eyelids.