Crystal Ceremony

The cold, wet floor was the only comforting feeling you actually enjoyed, grimacing at the painful sensation of your aching muscles. It felt like you broke all your bones, but you were still conscious, making it even more excruciating to move. Smooth fingers grazed over your shoulder, making you flinch under its touch.

"Come on little sis! Everyone is counting on you." The voice sounded distant, as if you were dreaming.

Your eyelids slowly opened up, a blue-purplish whisp hovering mere inches from your face. The flame started to twirl in place before vanishing, reappearing a few feet away. It continued to dance and sway in place, almost like it was beckoning you to follow along. You slowly got up from the floor, limping towards the whisp. You stretched a hand out towards it, your fingers only passing its whole form as if it was some kind of ghost. You rubbed your eyes harshly, reopening them, still seeing the mysterious flame hovering in front of you. 'Am I dreaming?'

The whisp began to zip away deeper into the tunnel, casting an ominous blue light against the cave's wall. You chased after it, despite every step you took was painful, deeper into the tunnel. The whisp flew out of your line of view, revealing Luna shaking an unconscious prince. The whisp swirled into a vortex before transforming into your sister. She still held a praising smile upon her face as she waved goodbye, fading slowly into the darkness behind her. 'Thanks sis...' A smile was grazed upon your pink lips.

You kneeled down next to Luna, examining Noctis' face with guilty eyes.

"Can you heal him again?" You asked, a hint of hope laced in your voice.

"I'm afraid I can't. I need to regenerate that power back since I recently was taught the skill by King Regis. He said it would help Noctis on his journey to this forsaken cave." Luna answers, her slim fingers stroking his porcelain cheeks softly.

"Will sealing away the power really end this war?" You questioned, wondering if this was all worth the trouble of returning.

"Who knows. We can only pray that the gods will be merciful towards us humans." Luna replies with half-lidded eyes.

You muttered quietly a spell only used in desperate times. Right now, the kingdom needed Noctis more than ever to reclaim the throne. You grunted as you became weaker each passing second as the spell absorbed the life force out of your body. Realizing what you were doing, Luna grasped a hand over your wrist, pausing the spell for a short amount of time.

"That's enough of your life to awaken him f-n. You've given enough of your life to keep him alive for his whole journey. It's better for you to stay alive now than to die so soon." Luna says with soft eyes, her fingers slipping off of your wrist, reverting her attention towards the unconscious prince.

You slowly removed your hand away from your heart, placing it on Noctis' chest. White crystals formed around him before vanishing, feeling his heart beat more powerfully through your palm. His eyes sluggishly opened, seeing a blurred vision of his close friend and his lover.

"Thanks f-n." Noctis says with a grin, struggling to push himself back onto his feet.

"You're welcome." You replied, helping Luna pick up the prince off the ground.

The three of you wandered around the cave, your path only being lit by the flame floating a few inches from Noctis' left palm. You were thankful magic had existed in the first place. You approached a thin, stone pathway which led to a podium encasing a crystal necklace. Luna walked across the path, picked up the necklace and returned to the two of you.

"Here Noctis, wear this." Luna placed the chain over the crown of his head, slipping it down to his neck.

"The crystal will begin to seal away the power. Once it is finished, the three of us will perform a spell used centuries ago to seal it away." Luna states.