Talking in the Moonlight

You glance back at the walking silhouetted figure, almost automatically recognizing who it was.

"Why are you up this late, Prince Bedhead?" You ask, ignoring his question while stifling a laugh, seeing his hair messier than usual.

"Couldn't sleep." He replies crawling lazily over next to you, his shoulder barely touching yours.

"Same reason as you." You say, feeling a cold, calming breeze sweep over the quiet land.

"So how is my dad? Is he really safe?" He questions hesitantly, turning his head slowly towards you.

"Too be frank Noct, I'm not entirely sure how your dad is doing." You confess, your gaze casted downwards.
You hear him mumble a quiet "oh", pecking away at your calm composure.

"But I can say that your father has definitely grown stronger in his powers these last years." You tell encouragingly.

"You know about the attributes of the Lucis crystal?" He asks, avoiding eye contact.

"Yeah. He also told me about your near death experience too." You responded, mentioning an event not meant to be brought up in a talk with the prince.

"You forced him to tell you?" Noctis asks, his gaze hardening slightly in anger.

"N-No, he told me on his own. He told me once he discovered that I also had a near death..." Your voice fades out, realizing what you said. You now felt self conscious, only King Regis and a few members of the glaives knowing of the gruesome catastrophe. You didn't feel very pleasant revealing any information from your tragic past, your words caught in your throat.

"You don't have to tell me about it. I sense you don't wanna tell me." He says, his eyes swirling with sincerity.

"How did you know?" You question surprised, like he read your mind.

"Let's just say, I know how you feel too." He replies, giving you a gentle smile.

You cover your mouth, muffling an audible yawn.

"So why are you really here?". Noctis questions, watching you slowly doze off.

Half-awake, you drawled out, "He wanted me to protect you on your trip to Altissia, everything we did, it was all preparation for you, the future king." You whisper, already drifting into a slumber.

Noctis P.O.V.
I feel something fall against my shoulder, beckoning me to look to my side. I see f-n's head lying on my shoulder, strands of her hair concealing part of her face.

"f-n, f-n." I whisper in her ear, shaking her shoulder. 'No response, great' I think, holding her by the shoulder in place as I rose from my seat.
I crouch down next to her and pick her up in my arms.

'She's really light.' I mentally note.
I start walking back towards the camp, my face turning warm, my head clouded with admiration when I examine her face lit by the moon. 'She looks beautiful in the moonlight' I realize what I'm saying and quickly clear my thoughts.

'No, bad Noctis! You just met the girl and you're going to be marrying Luna. Stop thinking about how attractive she looks!' I mentally scold myself.

I soon find myself at our tent. I pull down the tent's zipper quietly, not wanting to wake up Prompto. I gently place f-n onto her original sleeping spot. I hear mutter something, tugging at my jacket.

I place my ear closer to her mumbling mouth, "Don't...go."

I retract back from her scrunched expression, brushing back loose strands of her silky hair. Who was this girl and what was her purpose for following us? I pushed away my suspicions, removing my jacket from my body.

I lay down next to her, tucking my arm around her waist. Doesn't hurt to cuddle a little right?

Time Skip (Third Person P.O.V.)
You open your eyes tiredly, feeling your body pressed up against someone's chest. Once your blurry vision refocused, you became flustered, seeing Noctis' handsome face close against yours. Your eyes wandered down his sleeping face, tracking down to his shoulder, then to the arm that was wrapped around your waist securely. You shift your arms, carefully pushing his arm off of you. He groans, rolling onto his back, his arm shielding his eyes from any peeking sunlight. You sigh in relief, unzipping the tent's entrance, crawling outside.

You spot Prompto sitting on a log, polishing his gun with a cloth. You quietly creep behind, tickling his neck, causing him to half scream-laugh. You start laughing, covering your mouth, trying to muffle your messy snorts.

"You scared the crap out of me f-n!" Prompto yells with a still surprised expression.

"I'm sorry, you looked to peaceful for your own good." You admit between giggles.

"I see you got a bit comfy with the napper of the group." He says, pouting.

"W-Wha, no, I just, I was um," You stutter, having trouble thinking of an excuse from last night.

"She was having trouble sleeping Prom." A voice calls out from behind you.

"Well if it isn't Sleeping Beauty." Prompto says, smirking.

"Would you quit calling me that." Noctis warns, his voice filled with annoyance. Prompto stands up from his spot and walks over next to Noctis, narrowing his eyes at the ravenette's blue ones.

"Nope, until you stop flirting with f-n." Prompto whispers in his ear.

"I'm not flirting." Noctis hisses quietly back.

"You guys do know I can hear you right?" You question them with a smirk. Both of them jump slightly, seeing you directly next to them. You shake your head side to side, realizing how obvious they could be.

"You guys shouldn't be so vulnerable at times of peace. You never know when trouble might strike unexpectedly." You warn, glancing over your shoulder, scanning the skies for Niflheim airships.

Time Skip
After eating lunch, the five of you headed off to Altissia, dropping by gas stations on the way there. A certain blonde head spotted a cave and thought it would be a wonderful, adventurous idea to explore it. Unexpectedly, as the five of you entered, a rock slide occurred, blocking the only easily accessible exit to the outside world. The five of you rumbled off the edge, falling feet downward, dropping onto the ragged floor.

Your hands trembled underneath your weight as you pushed yourself unbalanced onto your feet, leaning your side against the cave's walls. Light footsteps echoed through the ominous cave, the tip of your broadsword scraping the side of the walls from your unstable form. A flash of light entered your vision, the hopeful light vanishing after a few seconds.

"N-Noct?" You called out in a whisper.

Was that light from the flashlight that was hooked onto their jackets? You quickly run down the tunnel, hoping it was one of them...